I am looking for replacement eyelets for my eGO line trimmer

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: out of date

The metal eyelet from the bump head of my eGO line trimmer was lost.  Can you assist in finding a replacement for that part?
Photo of CTinDC

CTinDC

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,048 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hi, our customer service team has replacement parts for the string trimmer. Give us a call at 1-855-346-5656 and we'd be happy to help you place an order.
Photo of CTinDC

CTinDC

Respectfully, this is why this kind of forum is useless.  Your customer service department does not sell replacements of this part.  That is why I posted it.  If you are the community manager, you should not be directing people to call you for parts you do not sell. 
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 180,008 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Unless you think it's reasonable for Jennifer to have memorized all the parts available for all Ego's tools, you're basically setting her up. That's not nice.

Instead, your post might have asked why the part was not available.
Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

• 9,440 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
If you think this forum is "useless", we have vastly different opinions on what is useful and what is not.  When she can, @Jennifer VandeWater provides assistance in almost every post here.

For the record, the part you're seeking comes built-in as part of the entire bump head - which absolutely is available from EGO's parts catalog.  I've even seen them sold at Home Depot.

If you're looking for just the eyelet, try eBay or Craig's List for some salvage parts.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 180,008 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I thought the same thing just after posting, DJ, the whole bump head is available. I didn't clue in at first exactly what part CT was referring to.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,580 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Exactly. There's not a lot "respectful" about your post CT, especially if you'd already contacted customer service and knew you couldn't buy just the eyelet. Asking a question that has already been answered is kind of silly.

The bump head is available. There's your solution.
Photo of CTinDC

CTinDC

I appreciate all of the responses above.  If my message came across as unkind to Jennifer, then I apologize.  I intended it to be respectful of her. That said, when EGO is directing customers to the forum and the response is to call for parts, without any reference to the part I am looking for, then I do not find that kind of assistance useful and it does not seem in keeping with the intent of this community.  Yes, the bump head is available as a replacement part, with the eyelets included.  Even that would have been enough for me to feel that I was receiving an informed response.  For the purposes of information - They are not fixed in the bump head, they slide out easily when the bump head is removed. The price is not prohibitive, but not reselling the eyelets which can be removed easily with one's fingers seems and instead only selling the bottom assembly of the bump head seems very wasteful and inefficient.  Again, thanks to all for the information and assistance.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

I'll have to look at mine more closely at the eyelets next time I need to replace the string. They've never struck me as being loose (I have the 15-inch trimmer), but it's something I want to be aware of just in case. I'll be extra cautious when I'm feeding the line through them, for sure.
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 65,000 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I haven't had this happen either. Im on my 100,000,000th spool (exaggerated a little bit). Mine are stuck in there. I thought they were over-molded.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

If you've gone through that much string you need to switch to Husqvarna's Titanium Force line!
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 65,000 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Heheeheehe. I use thread. From a sewing machine. (This is a joke)
Photo of David Cline

David Cline

• 37,182 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Stronger line isn't always better. If I hit the fence post or a metal downspout I would almost always prefer that the trimmer line break rather than whatever it inadvertently contacted.
Photo of CTinDC

CTinDC

Thanks to all again for the input.  I decided to purchase the replacement lower half of the bump head.  EGO would not sell the eyelets separately, unfortunately.  Still love the product. 
Photo of joe

joe

• 996 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Sorry, I do not own that tool yet. Just not familiar with what you are looking for.
Photo of Exrace

Exrace

• 8,606 Points 5k badge 2x thumb

Is the trimmer the 12" or 15"
Very possible ego will send the part to you if under warranty.
You can also e-mail support but be sure you have registered your trimmer.

CT, I directed you to the customer service team because on occasion, they have those eyelets lying around and are able to send along to you.  They are not a specific part that they keep in stock as a "part" per se but sometimes they have them available as a spare piece.  I'm sorry if I was unclear in my response to you.  As everyone else said, those eyelets are available with the bump head and not available as their own part individually as a rule.  
Photo of CTinDC

CTinDC

Clearly, I should have moderated my response to you.  I am sorry for directing my frustration at you. As far as the part goes, to my mind, if the part is going to be identified in the manual, shown separately and can come out that easily while replacing the string, it really ought to be sold individually.  If there is anything you can do to pass that message to those at EGO who receive such input, I would appreciate it.  All that said, I like the product very much. 

Thanks for the feedback CT.  I have escalated this request to make the eyelet available as a separate part.  We'll keep you posted if this is something we can make available in the future.
Photo of CTinDC

CTinDC

Thanks very much.  I appreciate that. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.