Hurrah!!! New Power Head hedge trimmer!!!

• Praise
  • Updated 2 years ago
YAY!!! Kudos to EGO for releasing the Power Head hedge trimmer attachment in the US. I asked (7-months ago) and yee shall receive, just about in time for march trimming season! Thank you!!!
However, note to the EGO/Home Depot folks - In the Product Overview section of the item, all of the " (inch) symbols are missing from the measurement figures, making the description quite disjoineted and confusing. You may wish to fix this. I can't wait to try and buy the new Power Head hedge trimmer!!!
Photo of Kenneth Vondrasek

Kenneth Vondrasek

• 782 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 178,712 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hey, get in line buddy!!! :-D

Agreed 100%. I haven’t been this excited about a new Ego tool since the snowblower!
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 93,924 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I imagine a lot of happy Ego customers when they learn this news.  There have been many requests for this product.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 71,612 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I left some hedges untrimmed at the end of last season in hopes this bad boy would arrive. This will end me having to haul out a step ladder to trim one of the bushes in front of my house.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

...and me from straddling my willow tree, one foot on the deck railing and the other on the fence!?!

Kenneth Vondrasek

...And may I bore you gentlemen with a tale about me, power tools, a ladder, and an onry shingle oak limb over our house that bound up and "bounced back" when cut it, took me out of the ladder, sent me flying 14' to the ground, and turned my Werner pro fiberglass extension ladder into a pretzel!....And three weeks before my daughter's wedding! In shock, I got myself up, finished cleaning-up the job (with one arm), and DIDN'T tell my wife for days! I had to finally confess when she could plainly see that I had torn my biceps completely off in my right arm, as it looked like a big pile of spaghetti at my elbow and was a dark purple color! However, you tool hounds will be happy to know that my Stihl HT-101 pole saw landed flat, true, soft and still running as I hit the ground! You gotta have your priorities straight! My daughter's wedding was absolutely amazing, and I learned to toast with my left hand!!! 
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Whoa! I got nothing to follow that up with... good to hear you’re around to tell the story!
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 71,612 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
And thank goodness you landed one place and the pole saw landed another! I'm glad you weren't injured any worse than you were and you were able to make it to your daughter's wedding.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

So you guys are saying that the new tools are going to take all of the fun out of your yard work ?!?

Kenneth Vondrasek

I think the prevailing theory is that the new tools are designed to make us more efficient, minimize the work effort and give us more time to have fun! .....However, some of us feel the new tools are so cool, they ARE the fun!!!

Kenneth Vondrasek

...And many thanks to several of you gents for the well wishes! Today I am great, having celebrated my daughter and son-in law's 10th and my wife's and my 40th, my right arm is stronger than ever thanks to the miracles of modern surgery! !0 years ago they couldn't (strongly recommended against) fixing my shoulder. One year ago while the orthopedic surgeon was arthroscopically in there fixing three tears of my rotator cuff and scraping arthritis (Yes - another "tool calamity" - again, gas powered!), he decided to go ahead and "fetch" the end of the torn bicep, attach a platinum hook to it, drill a hole in my shoulder bone, pull the muscle through and reattach it! After ten years of not being able to turn a screwdriver or manually brush my teeth with my right arm, it's fully functional after an amazing surgical procedure and a long, intense physical therapy process! Kudos to all the medical folks who got me my dominant  limb back in operation, so I could use all my fun tools again!!!
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

That is incredible.  Thanks for sharing your story Kenneth.  Enjoy your tools and stay away from the ladder.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Great story Kenneth! Glad you made it back!!!
Photo of Michael G

Michael G

• 8,538 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I'm definitely getting one plus extension soon as I get my rebate that HD owes me for a previous purchase.