How can I find a strap for an EGO 56v-volt lithium-ion cordless blower?

• Idea
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Implemented
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Out of date

EGO 56v-volt lithium-ion cordless blower
Photo of Cynthia Kapp

Cynthia Kapp

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 80,948 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hi Cynthia, we changed your question to an idea so we can keep better track of it.  We are actually working on strap solutions right now for our blower and string trimmer. Once they are ready, we'll update the community.  Thanks for your feedback!
Photo of Harry

Harry

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
have you any updates on the strap for the blower yet?

Harry, not yet, but we should know something before the end of the year.  We'll keep you posted.  We're sorry for the delay.
Photo of EV

EV

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
IT'S GETTING TO THE END OF THE YEAR AND TIME FOR AN ANSWER FROM YOUR DESIGN TEAM  (HOW DIFFICULT CAN DESIGNING A STRAP BE?)
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 64,760 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Just go buy a gym bag strap. Unless having EGO embroidered on it matters to you. It has 2 strap locations, they are identified as hanging points or something.
The holes are pretty tiny - none of my luggage shoulder straps will work without adding ugly split-rings (and scratching the plastic all up trying to get 'em on there).  I want an EGO 56V branded, and heavily padded, adjustable, glow-in-the-dark strap for mine.  Maybe a bandolier style chest harness would be best for my needs.  With places to holster a few additional battery packs for those heavy flow days.  

Glow in the dark?  I don't think we ever thought of that to add to our strap.  Interesting idea!
Photo of Jonathan

Jonathan

• 70 Points
So when do,we get straps?
Photo of Jonathan

Jonathan

• 70 Points
So, when do we get straps?
Photo of EV

EV

This question has been presented numerous times before. It's becopme very clear that EGO doesn't care to address the need for its customers. It doesn't take a team of nuclear engineers, etc to design a "strap with clips" that would fit their product.  Any other answer than "it will be available in 5 months" is UNACCEPTABLE AND BS.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,448 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You could always buy a third party strap instead... just sayin.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,360 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Exactly, Blue. As I wrote below a few months ago, there are plenty of third-party straps on the market. There's no need for it to have EGO stitched on it.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 13,068 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
The straps should be fairly easy to make. Just get a string, tie it through one of the little places on the blower that a string can easily be tied through, and put a pad on the part of the string that will be on your shoulder, and you're good to go.
Photo of Hanh

Hanh

• 96 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Thank you
Photo of EMRAN

EMRAN

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Please work on an adjustable length strap. It's needed ASAP
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 54,358 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Here is a cheap universal one available on Amazon.  I got it for my trimmer, it isn't great as it doesn't have a shoulder cushion.  I got a seat belt shoulder cushion for it and it works.  EGO will have a better solution, but this works.  UTS-1 Universal String Trimmer Strap.  This would not work for the blower. 

The trimmer needs it the most though, as any string trimmer is tiring to hold when edging.
Photo of Mike

Mike

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Did you give up on the idea of making a strap to compliment the EGO blower?
Photo of Mike

Mike

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Any updates on the strap for the blower?

Hi Mike, we didn't forget you or give up.  We just don't have a good update for you yet.  We promise, once we have a strap, we'll be sure to update this post.  Sorry for the delay.
Photo of EV

EV

certainly is taking EGO a very long time to design a simple strap
Photo of Rob

Rob

• 9,052 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I think many misinterpret the responses they get when they ask about things.  The responses in my opinion says that they'll take your requests into consideration.  There's no commitment to carry them out at all as the person responding has no authority to actually put anything into motion.
Photo of James

James

• 60 Points
NP - a single or double point sling for an AR-15 works fine.
Photo of Doc Tooley

Doc Tooley

• 60 Points
Just about any rifle sling will work or adapter to work easily. Put a small carabiner into the clip on blower and a sling with swivel clips. A luggage strap with clips will work. If no padding buy a seat belt velcro sheepskin padding and add it easily. Can make a very good one better than they will design for $10, $20 if you buy everything I mentioned.
Photo of Albert Passanante

Albert Passanante

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Any update on strap availability
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,380 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
There are some good generic straps available on Amazon. The one I got uses a looped bungee cord to suspend the blower. It can also work with the weed trimmer. Cost about $17.
Photo of Jim

Jim

• 346 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
A couple of cable ties, a shoulder strap off an old tool bag and you're set.
I was also disappointed the blower didn't come with a strap - it has provisions for one, but the little eyelets are too small for most retention clips, and I wouldn't trust little plastic zip-ties shown in the picture above.  I really want a strap - I'd probably use some strong split rings instead of zip ties if I have to end up fabricating my own.  
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 64,760 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Just use a key ring, and buy a strap. Simple.
Photo of Eric  From

Eric From

• 392 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
i am an old guy on disability and use a glass blower and trimmer that are much heavier and they do not have straps.I thought lawn mower would be difficult to push but it is very easy. If you really need a strap for tools without-use your head a little bit.
Photo of Sapmt Guy

Sapmt Guy

• 60 Points
I looked at golf bag replacement shoulder straps and they look like they'll work just fine.
Photo of Hanh

Hanh

• 96 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Shoulder strap.

Would Ego or some one advise a temporary shoulder strap to help arm strain while waiting
 Ego's strap?
Photo of Jim

Jim

• 346 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled BLOWER SHOULDER STRAP.

SHOULDER STRAP: For those of us with large yards or that have to deal with Magnolia's leathery leaves, a shoulder strap would be an excellent addition to the blower. There are already holes in the blower case that acomodate attachment. I've used an old tool bag strap. It certainly helps carry the weight during long term use.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 13,068 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Here you go people. This kind of thing is easy to find, or of course, if you cannot find something you'd like to buy, make something using string or copper wire or something, then add padding.  If all else fails, there's always DIY.

Official Response
Hi everyone, the EGO brand strap is now available with Grainger here:  https://www.grainger.com/product/EGO-POWER-PLUS-String-Trimmer-Strap-48VX97.  This strap can be used for both the blower and string trimmer.  You just have to remove the clip for the string trimmer.
Photo of Vincent

Vincent

• 246 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Ok, $18.20 for the strap, but wow, $10.48 for the shipping? You guys should definitely sell it through a different merchant. Why not Amazon or Home Depot?
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,468 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Grainger's retail outlet Zoro sells it for less, and shipping is free on orders over $50:

https://www.zoro.com/ego-power-plus-s...
(Edited)
Photo of gregmpool

gregmpool

Just ordered the strap from Zoro.  Shipping if just $5.  I signed up for the Zoro emails to get the 15% discount on first purchase and when I entered the promo code I got free shipping instead of 15% off.  So total shipped was $14.39.
Photo of Nathan Dubes

Nathan Dubes

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Is a shoulder strap available? If so where can I purchase?.
Photo of keenanj

keenanj

• 2,978 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Guitar strap and a cable tie. Works amazing- thank you for cable tie suggestion!
Photo of Len Richter

Len Richter

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled need a strap for my EGO Power+ 480 CFM 3-Speed Turbo 56-Volt Lithium-ion Cordless....

need a strap for my EGO Power+ 480 CFM 3-Speed Turbo 56-Volt Lithium-ion Cordless Electric Blower - 2.0Ah Battery and Charger Kit

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.