• Answered
Photo of Chuchart Chuchue

Chuchart Chuchue

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of David M. Murphy

David M. Murphy

• 220 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Never ever cut wet grass with any lawn mower. I simply use compressed air to blow mine clean, after every use. I also, blow the body of the mower and wipe down with wet wipes before storing. 
Photo of summetj

summetj

• 6,352 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I typically just shake the bag out before putting it way. I won't claim that it's "clean", but that's why it's stored in the garage.... So far I haven't had any issues with the small bit of dust/grass left inside.
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 35,972 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Like summetj, I just shake out the bag and hang it back onto the mower and call it good. I don't fold the mower up for storage so the bag just lives on the mower all the time unless I'm going to mulch when I mow instead of collecting the clippings.
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 32,126 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Since I mulch cut 95% of the time, I only clean out my bag once in "early Spring" and "late Fall."  So I too simply shakes the bag clean before storing it in my garage - that is it!
(Edited)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 163,516 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Just to be different, in addition to shaking it out after each use, I’ve found that rinsing it out with the hose works great to restore airflow through the bag. I do this maybe once a month or so, when I notice the bag getting visually dirty.

Make sure you spray water from the outside-in or you’ll just drive debris farther into the fabric. ;-)
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 67,186 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Don't use my bag often, but when I do I clean the bag with my 530 blower.  Works like a charm.