HOW-TO: Charger WALL MOUNT

• Idea
  • Updated 7 months ago
  • Under Consideration

Problem Statement: Wall mount setup does not prevent charger from coming off the wall during battery removal (from charger).

Discussion: The standard and rapid chargers mount the same way, but using two pan head screws.  Installation is accomplished by adjusting the screws such that they are almost too snug to slip the charger over.  But even adjusted perfectly, nothing prevents the charger from being pulled upward during battery removal. Which makes battery removal a two hand operation.

Solution: Added a block of wood to prevent upward movement of the charger.  Battery can be removed with one hand.

Notes: For the Rapid Reload Charger, the top sits further away from the wall, so would need a slightly taller block (have not mounted my RR charger because it's sitting on a shelf).

Related Threads:

https://community.egopowerplus.com/ego/topics/charger-organization-storage?topic-reply-list%5Bsettin...

https://community.egopowerplus.com/ego/topics/how-is-the-30-minute-charger-supposed-to-mount-to-a-wa...

Photo of (a)Typical Engineer

(a)Typical Engineer

• 26,060 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 46,804 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
But now your charger display is upside down. I'm OCD enough that that would drive me nuts.
Photo of (a)Typical Engineer

(a)Typical Engineer

• 26,060 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

luckily, it's not permanently attached, so it can be popped out and back in for the OCD types... =)

Photo of Texas Lawn

Texas Lawn

• 342 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I like the setup. Do all standard chargers have an LCD display? I have two standard chargers (trimmer 2.5ah and backpack blower 5.0ah combos), but I do not believe either one has an LCD display.
Photo of Texas Lawn

Texas Lawn

• 342 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Never mind, I just found your previous post about adding the display.
(Edited)
Photo of Michael G

Michael G

• 5,660 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I borrowed (a)TE's plans and built one of these. I use it all the time. Takes all the guess work out of battery charge status.