The following steps should be taken in order to prepare the lawn mower for storage.
- Remove the battery pack from the mower and store it in a cool, dry location.
- Remove the safety key from the slot.
- Clean the mower as described in the previous section.
- Inspect the blade and replace it or sharpen it if required.
- Lubricate the mower.
- Store the mower in a dry, clean location. Do not store it next to corrosive materials, such as fertilizer or rock salt.
- Store the mower in a covered, enclosed space, that is cool and dry and out of the reach of children.
- Do not cover the lawn mower with a solid plastic sheet. Plastic coverings trap moisture around the mower, which causes rust and corrosion.
The handle assembly can be folded away completely for storageRemove the grass bag.
Open the handle locking clamps and fully recess the side rails to the compact position.
Press and hold the quick-adjust lever with your right hand to release the handle. Gently pivot the handle toward the front of the mower; release the quick-adjust lever and continue to pivot the handle until you hear and feel the lock pin engage in the locked storage position.
Store the mower upright or flat.