how much does the snow blower weigh when it's empty (no batteries)

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
how much does the snow blower weigh when it's empty (no batteries)
Photo of chris muller

chris muller

• 356 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of BRNJRDO

BRNJRDO

• 460 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
The box was 70 pounds with all material. My estimate of the device would be 40-45 lbs.
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 35,092 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Chris, according to the manual - the snow blower weight (without the battery) is 24.2 kg (or 53.35 lbs).  Depending on the size of your battery you are using, will determine the final weight.

Photo of keenanj

keenanj

• 2,978 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
The box was heavy as all get out. It was 70lbs only, but really awkward. I'm a big dude but it was hard to move because the box is big. Once taken apart and stripped, the snow blower is very light. It feels like my guitar amp-I can carry it around (though I'd rather have someone else carry it for me). I am surprised by how light it is, I got it up and downstairs easily by carrying it. I am actually a little concerned about how light it is, as I believe F=ma still applies, though my driveway slopes a ton and it'll be nice to be able to whip it around uphill. I think the 50lb is accurate, though it does feel lighter than that. A small person still won't be able to carry it, but if you're ok carrying a chop saw it should be OK.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.