How do I BUY parts for mower?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Do you have to make a phone call to purchase parts?
Photo of TK

TK

• 4,126 Points 4k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 178,394 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Other than what is stocked at Home Depot, yes you have to give Ego Customer Service a call. A lots of all available parts is given in the back of each tool's user manual with an exploded view.
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 34,438 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
To Blue's point, here is a picture of the "exploded" view of a 21" SP mower for your reference.

Photo of TK

TK

Today I received the handle clamps replacement kit. It is not the 3 piece approach they sent the whole assembly for both sides, minus the screws. There were no  instructions, or pdf file link. I am ok with this was just wondering id if the change out should be with the handles extended or retracted. Thanks
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

TK, since I have never done this before, I would call Customer Service to get their recommendation on how to change this out.  This way, you will get it done "right" the first time and still be within the "warranty" guidelines.
Photo of TK

TK

Thanks, that worked out fine. Only 3 minutes on hold, and they sent the upgrade kit for the handle clamp problem. They are now sending the whole assembly, the black part , that is held in place by 8 screws. There is a left , and right side, as one has to allow the cable to pass through it. There was no instruction or link to a pdf file, but that was no issue..
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

Awesome to hear - you should be back up and running in no time!
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 80,888 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
We actually do have instructions TK.  Sorry we forgot to include those.  Here's a link to get them:
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0262/2513/files/LM2000LM2000-S_Handle_Locking_Clamp_Replacement_V2...
Photo of TK

TK

Thanks, I will do the swap out in a few days. So there are 3 permissives in this system.  Humm that microswitch sure looks easy to jump...  lol
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 64,144 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Lol. So you can mow off your feet

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.