Photo of stingray

stingray

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,500 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
You're going to have to specify which tool you're asking about.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,708 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
It’s this big. :-)
Photo of David Ceremuga

David Ceremuga

• 662 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
You jerk, that's exactly what I was going to type!!  It's "this big".
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

I guess I’m the quickest jerk! :-D
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 103,908 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Quickest, biggest, no need to sweat the small details ;)
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

LB5750: 5 pounds, 36" x 7" x 11"
MST1501: 16 pounds, 60" x 11" x 6"
LM2101: 97 pounds, 40" x 24" x 20"
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

That’s a good start, only about 20 more possibilities to go! :-P
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

Well these are the only ones I could copy and paste from one of Amber's posts.  So, Amber better get to work.
Photo of stingray

stingray

Sorry, thought the question was specific to the item I was looking at. It’s the SNT2103, snow blower with 2 7.5 amp batteries.
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 68,206 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Got it. The box dimensions are 38.8" x 19.7" x 24". 
Photo of stingray

stingray

Thanks, it looks like it will fit.  Next question, I already have the mower, and after shoveling a really wide and long driveway with 14" of snow by hand, I've decided to get the EGO snow blower so I can interchange batteries as well.  But, I think the season for snow storms is over here in Chicagoland, and I'm wondering if I buy one now, there might be a new model out next year, maybe self propelled or something.  Should I wait until next year, or should I use the 10% off coupon that Home Depot just sent me.  Is there a new model in the works?
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

If there is we won’t find out until close to the release date.
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 34,954 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I too live in Chicago and came "very close" to buying an EGO snow blower as well.  Unfortunately, I waited too long to do so and none of the Home Depot had it in stock - not even the floor model.  That said; I have decided to wait for now since we are not expecting anymore "heavy" snow storm like last weekend.  Back to "manual labor" with hand shoveling.
Photo of Michael G

Michael G

• 8,740 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
You guys are pushing it. I'm in Chicagoland too and have seen several April snowstorms in my lifetime. But, I have noticed the big box stores seem to be out of anything motorized that will move snow.
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 34,954 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Photo of stingray

stingray

Good points, I appreciate the input.  I'm new to the area, I moved here from South Florida in June of 2016, but lived in an apartment the first year and didn't buy a house until July of 2017.  This past weekend was my first experience shoveling snow, previously we had small enough amounts, a few inches at most, that I could just drive right over it.  Last weekend I got stuck in my own driveway trying to drive out of the garage. So I had to shovel it all by hand, it took 2 hours since it's a fairly long driveway with a side loading garage and I had waited a few days so it was compacted and icier.  Also, the street plow left a giant pile in front of the driveway that took a long time to clear.   I was essentially trapped at home all weekend. I never want to be trapped again, or forced to spend 2 hours shoveling in order to go to work the next workday. However, I don't want to buy one now if I'm never going to get to even try it out until next year.  What if I get one with an issue, the 90 days will be over.  And there could be a new model by next year.  I know that it's possible to have snow storms in March or even April, but I'm hearing that the odds are small, and nothing shows in the long term accuweather forecasts (for what that's worth).  I should have bought the snow blower and string trimmer when I bought the lawn mower in August (like the Home Depot salesman recommended) , while I still had the 20% unlimited coupon that Home Depot sends new residents here. 
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

FYI, shovelling is never fun, but it’s not torture if you keep on top of it! Waiting a few days and driving on it is a sure way to ensure you’ll hate shoveling! :-)
Photo of Michael G

Michael G

• 8,740 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Yeah, 18" snow last weekend and 60F next Monday in Chicago.

stingray-might be best for you to hire someone to remove the snow the rest of this season rather than purchasing.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

I put off buying the snow blower in 2016/2017.  Ended up being good procrastination as it did not snow much.

Got the snow blower before this winter and glad I did as we have had a fair amount of snow and I have enjoyed attacking it with the snow blower.  It has been a great addition to my home maintenance tools.
Photo of stingray

stingray

It looks like none of the Home Depots in my area (out of 21 stores) have one in stock anyway, so the decision was made for me.  I think tomorrow is the last snow expected in the area, and it's less than an inch forecasted.  Looks like I'll wait until next year and pick one up early in the season, like before Halloween.  Last year, a month or so after I bought my lawn mower, they lowered the price by $50, maybe I'll be lucky and time it better next year :) 

In retrospect, I wish I had bought the self propelled version with the 7.5 amp battery.  My 5.0 amp battery runs out about half way thru the back yard, so I have to split it into 2 sessions.  I also have a mild slope in the front that didn't look like much of anything to me, but it actually does take more effort than I thought it would to push it up that slope, otherwise the self propelled feature wouldn't really be a factor for me, the mower is so easy to push on level ground, even one handed. Too bad there isn't an "upgrade path".

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

If the SP feature doesn’t interest you then your upgrade path is quite clear; get the snowblower with 7.5Ah batteries and you’ve got all the juice you’d ever need! :-)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

FYI, you can order the snowblower online and have it shipped to your local store. If you are running out of juice with your lawnmower right now, then having the 7.5Ah batteries this summer could outweigh any potential savings you to get buying the snowblower next fall.

For what it’s worth, I’ve never seen the 7.5Ah snow blower kit go on sale.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

Thee is an upgrade path.  Sell your current mower or give it as a gift.  Then go get the mower you really want.  SP with the 7.5  That's what I have and it is a great machine.