Home Depot sale on 21” SP mower - $329!

• Praise
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
  • (Edited)
I was in the Lake Worth, FL Home Depot yesterday to get some chain oil for my new chain saw attachment for my EGO power-head. They had a display of 6 boxes of the EGO 21” self-propelled mower on sale. Price $329! BUT, it’s with the 5 AH battery. The box states will run for approximately 45 mins. Wouldn’t be long enough to get my lawn mowed on one charge (1/4 acre) but should work for smaller lawns. See picture below.
Photo of Rick F

Rick F

• 1,008 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 163,074 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Great deal! That’s not the SP mower, just the push model. Still a great price though. It might be a store clearance deal and not widely available. Which store was this?
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Advertised at $399 on the website:

Photo of Rick F

Rick F

• 1,008 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Oops. My mistake, sorry. I saw the 2101 number and thought it was the SP model.

This was at the Lantana & Jog Rd Home Depot in Lake Worth.
(Edited)
Photo of walt dutchak

walt dutchak

• 1,036 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I'm in Canada.  Bought the EGO snow thrower, but at an enormous price in Canadian Dollars.  Now I see more affordable pricing on other company products.  I am not in the "Cadillac" consumer category in pricing. 
If you live in the U.S.A., the 21" lawn mower pricing is reasonable for EGO, however, here in 'the far north' that lawn mower is $598 + 13% in taxes = $675.74.  That is way too costly for the average consumer and considering that batteries don't last forever, one will have to purchase more in the future.   I have a great electric cord lawn mower that beats the EGO product twice over in pricing, probably makes a better mulching cut from the complaints I'm hearing about EGO, and is definitely much more powerful than the EGO from what I have seen.
If the prices were identical here as in the U.S.A. then I would consider further EGO purchases, otherwise, it appears to be a questionable investment. 
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 35,200 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Walt, is that price for the non-self propelled model? Practically twice as much as US pricing.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Yep, the SP is $800 here. Nuts!
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

Yikes!
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

Is this recent? They have the listed price as $499 but it's been $399 for quite a long time now. Either way, even at $70 off, a good deal.
(Edited)
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

Makes one wonder if they are store returns with the really mucked up packaging tape on the boxes.
Photo of Bill Menzel

Bill Menzel

• 2,702 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

Walt, I hope you have a long extension cord.