Home Depot repair issues

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Duplicate

It appears EGO archived the prior discussion about long waits for repair of EGO mowers at Home Depot.

As an update to my post a couple weeks ago, I followed up with HD. They did not have any update from the repair depot, but they gave me the repair depot number. I called the depot, and their records indicate the mower was still at the store! I brought the mower to them on July 7.

I went to the store, and found my unrepaired mower just sitting in the tool rental area with a repair tag on it. HD worker doesn't know what happened, and the earliest the mower will leave the store will be NEXT Wednesday, over 5 weeks since I dropped it off.

As you can imagine, my frustration level grew. It's also a bit disconcerting to see the prior thread on this no longer visible in this community. :(

I'm going to talk to the store manager about this tomorrow morning to see what they can do to make it right.

This really has to get better!
Photo of Geoff

Geoff

• 690 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 68,294 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Just to get this out of the way, we have not archived any of your posts or conversations. You can see them here:
https://community.egopowerplus.com/ego/topics/annoyed-mower-taking-forever-to-get-back-from-warentee...
https://community.egopowerplus.com/ego/topics/mower-stopped-working-no-indicator-lights

We totally understand your frustration! We responded to your comment regarding repair times on 8/3 with a request that you call us, in order for us to help. We're you able to speak with anyone since then? In the meantime, our Customer Service team has been alerted of your situation and will be contacting you directly to get this resolved. 
Photo of Amber F.

UPDATE: We just contacted Home Depot regarding your repair. They cannot locate your name or email address in their files. Can you please send your phone number so we can call you? 
(Edited)
Photo of Geoff

Geoff

First, apologies on stating incorrectly about the post being archived. When I viewed it on mobile earlier, it said it was closed for comment and invisible to users due to it being a duplicate (couldn't find the duplicate), but it's clearly accessible now. I likely hit the wrong thread or something since I was viewing on mobile. I wouldn't replied to that thread if I thought I was able to rather than creating a true duplicate! :)

I didn't call EGO as I was just giving Home Depot more time after I called them initially. I was going to call now, but I'm happy to take your call at X. I'm not sure why they couldn't find it. I talked to them earlier and they looked it up through that phone number. Repair tag is X.

Thanks for your help.
(Edited)
Photo of Amber F.

No worries! That can sometimes happen when the system is updating. 
Thank you for the info! This is why we usually recommend calling us first: we can help make the process run more smoothly, as well as to ensure that Home Depot processes the repair under warranty. Regardless, we understand where you're coming from and are working on your case right now...
(Edited)
Photo of Geoff

Geoff

Just for clarification: I did call EGO support prior to taking the mower to Home Depot. That was done based on the support rep's recommendation after we troubleshooted (troubleshot?) the issue. I'm sure if this store hadn't simply dropped the ball, I would've had my mower back by now.

Thanks again for the help!
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 65,000 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
That store manager better give you a new mower on the spot. That is rediculous.
Photo of Geoff

Geoff

EGO stepped in to help before it got to that, but I was going to speak to this store's manager this morning with that very suggestion.
Photo of Amber F.

Official Response
We're so pleased to see that Customer Service was able to resolve this issue, Geoff! If there is anything we can do to improve your experience in the future, please do not hesitate to call. :-)
Photo of Geoff

Geoff

Yes, thanks so much to EGO for their help in getting this resolved. Not sure exactly what happened at this store that my item never made it out, but it's been resolved promptly by EGO. Thanks so much! Looking forward to mowing with my EGO mower again very soon.
Photo of bloomz

bloomz

• 14,558 Points 10k badge 2x thumb

What are they doing to make up for losing a month plus of mowing season?  A loaner perhaps?

Is it a secret?

Inquiring minds (at least mine) want to know.

Photo of Geoff

Geoff

I don't see why it would need be a secret! :) EGO actually called the store directly and told them not to send it to the repair depot ( and to recycle/dispose of the broken mower) and pull the battery for me to pickup. Then they called me and told me they were just going to send a new mower directly to me. They didn't want me to have to wait any longer.

I really appreciate EGO's follow-up and service!
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 72,412 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
If you will, let us know how long it takes for the new mower to arrive. 
Photo of bloomz

bloomz

• 14,558 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Thats nice to hear Geoff, thanks
Photo of Geoff

Geoff

I got my replacement mower today! Thanks, EGO, for the quick turnaround!

Unfortunately, I'll be calling EGO support in the morning due to some apparent mishandling by the shipping company. It appears some plastic was broken off the mower, as you can see in the attachment. I've included a picture of the box as well (taken after removing the mower, of course). That's the bottom of the box with one flap no longer sealed when it arrived. I'm confident EGO will take care of this, but figured I'd post pics here since I can't call until morning anyway.

(Edited)
Photo of Geoff

Geoff

Just got off the phone with EGO. They're sending out another replacement mower. Hopefully this one makes it in one piece!
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 106,488 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Great to hear Geoff.

Sometimes I wonder if the delivery trucks get full and they just tie a rope around the extras and drag them until they have room.
Photo of Geoff

Geoff

Yeah, it almost looked like there was mud or dirt on a couple sides of this box.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 180,008 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
At a distribution loading dock many years ago, I watched a driver fold a packaged glass and aluminum storm door in half to fit it into his truck following an argument with his supervisor. That's no typo.

After seeing that, nothing surprises me!
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,580 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
A friend of mine unloads semis at a FedEx hub. He has horror stories about how some stuff is handled, especially heavier boxes.
Photo of Geoff

Geoff

I think the second replacement has shipped. The online status still just says "Waiting," but I called support, and they said it should have shipped yesterday but they won't get tracking info until late Monday. That's definitely not my experience with the first replacement (got tracking info not long after it shipped).

It's UPS Ground, so looks like it will be at least a full week from when I called until I get it.

Edit: My UPS My Choice account shows no indication that something is on the way, so I'm a bit skeptical. :(
(Edited)
Photo of Geoff

Geoff

It finally shipped Friday. It's disappointing that it took that long to ship considering I called Wednesday morning (and this is the 2nd replacement mower).

For the first replacement, they started the process later in the day on a Wednesday, and the mower still shipped Thursday (a day earlier).

Oh well, it will arrive next week. I just wish this had been expedited a bit considering I've been without a mower for 7 weeks.
Photo of Geoff

Geoff

Ugh. I'm on hold with support.

I got the 2nd replacement mower today, but it has 2 issues. One is that the foam on the handle has about a 1.5 inch tear in it. The 2nd is that the full mower handle does not appear to be "right." It is as if the right side of the handle is not at the same heights above the ground as the left.

I'll try to attach a pic that shows this. I compared it to the first replacement mower, and, while it appears to have this to a small amount, it is not as bad and seems more reasonable.

(Sorry the rotation is wrong. It shows up right on my phone.)
(Edited)
Photo of Geoff

Geoff

Photo of Geoff

Geoff

Photo of Geoff

Geoff

No supervisor available tonight to authorize any kind of new replacement, so they're calling me back tomorrow.
Photo of Geoff

Geoff

Latest update on this:

Talked to EGO again on Friday. First, they're all super nice. I called in, the rep saw my name/number at the bottom of the queue and picked it up since he knew he was already planning to call me back.

They're sending me another new mower. They didn't upgrade the shipping speed (I can imagine that's pricey for a 60+ lb item), but they did say I could use the mower I got from them this week since it's usable even with the current defects/issues.

They're also sending me a free high-lift blade just because this has extended on so long (mostly Home Depot's fault and not EGO's).

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.