Home Depot Product Titles

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Out of date

I was just on Home Depot's site and I noticed the large number of reviews for the new 7.5 amp power ego mower kit and thought I'd check them out.

After reading several reviews it became quite clear that the people reviewing the product were reviewing the standard 4 amp hour mower kit and not the new 7.5 amp hour mower kit.

Suggestion: Home Depot should clearly state the product and the battery capacity in the description so people realize which product they're reviewing.

Seeing a bunch of reviews for the new 7.5 amp power mower kept claiming 40 or 45 minutes runtime is not encouraging for the product!!!
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,968 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
  • Disappointed in the Home Depot, again.

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,048 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
That's a really good point Blue.  Thanks for pointing that out to us.  We'll see what we can do to get those changed.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 13,128 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
"Disappointed in the Home Depot, again." LOL
Thumbs up for catching that, from me, Mr. SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT!
(Edited)
Photo of Jacob Ripplinger

Jacob Ripplinger

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Home Depot's Logistics is a joke, find new local chain distribution. Or sell direct..... something.
Photo of Jackson Landrum

Jackson Landrum

• 400 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Just curious, what has been your experience with talking to people at Home Depot about not only EGO products, but electric lawn equipment in general?  I know when I went in to inquire about EGO at the beginning of last week, I was politely ushered to the Toro and Honda gas powered mowers and provided no response to my inquiry about EGO.  On another occasion it was adamantly suggested that I steer clear of EGO products.  It would seem that EGO may want to consider additional alternatives to selling their products.

Photo of Dave .

Dave .

• 21,706 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I go to Home Depot a LOT--as in sometimes, 3X a day.   When have you ever gotten great advice from HD employees?   Once in a while, one of their more knowledgeable fellows is on the floor (usually in plumbing) to help with finding the right parts, but in other departments assistance quality is (IMO) less than spotty.  The issue you described is not Ego-specific
Photo of Jackson Landrum

Jackson Landrum

• 400 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Actually I get similar responses you state from Lowes.  I said it was electric equipment in general, but since I was asking about EGO specifically, not sure how it could not be EGO specific.  

Call a repair person at HD and ask for their opinion of the EGO products specifically.  

Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 65,000 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
It's the complete lack of home depots product training. They do not know anything about the products they sell. It's sad really.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 105,650 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I love when they come and read the package to you. 
I asked if you know about {fill in the blank}. 
I did not ask if you could come read to me.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,968 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I demonstrated to a "helpful" HD employee how the Ego mower could fold up and store upright. He thought that was incredible!
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,580 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
On one occasion an employee was helpful in steering me to the correct fungicide to use on my lawn. In all other occasions it's been awful.

When I went to buy my Ego weed trimmer, the employee I was talking to said they didn't carry it. He was, and I'm not making this up, leaning on the display model as he said that.
Photo of leo

leo

• 1,444 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I had the same response going to lowes so there training is equal. I was told to say away from all battery equipment "You can depend on gas! ". The as an example he told me " Just take a look at what professional gardeners use. Gas is the way to go! " -- Don't trust any store employee. And don't trust the internet for that matter, use common sense and KEEP RECEIPTS!
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.