High-lift blade

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: High-lift blade questions

The High Lift blade was scheduled to be available at HD in Jan 2017 but I don't see it on the website.  Any updates on when it will be available in US and Canada?
Photo of bubba gump

bubba gump

• 282 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Michael G

Michael G

• 8,860 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Marco - do you mulch or bag?
Photo of Marco Roman

Marco Roman

• 200 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I typically bag, but will be mulching next week to test out the new blade.
Photo of Michael G

Michael G

• 8,860 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Thanks Marco - please post your mulching results. I personally found with the LM2102SP mower the standard blade definitely mulched better.

This past Saturday I cut my lawn. It should have been cut days earlier but rain and other things got in the way. I always cut on setting 3 and must have been cutting of 2"-3" of grass. No real clipping left but did notice two things:
  1. In places that I didn't overlap the tire marks by a good margin there was folded down grass that could be raise with a swipe of your foot.
  2. Under the bird feeders my wife has where the birds and critters eat the spilled seed off the ground the grass was folded over and compressed. With the mulching blade on the mower didn't cut much of this grass.
For (2) above I decided to put the high-lift blade on and bag for the first time. Going over the compressed grass areas the mower cut more of the folded grass but not all of it. This is one area where I can say my previous Honda Harmony excelled over the EGO. For this tall of grass my Honda would have bogged down and left lots of grass clumps in mulch mode but would have cut everything more evenly and cleaned it up if I bagged, but, I hate bagging. In a few days I will cut the grass again and see if the EGO cuts these difficult spots.

Mike

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.