Hey look, an ego!

• Praise
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • (Edited)
Was cruising youtube looking for tips and tricks for keeping a nice lawn, and ran across a channel by "the lawn care nut". Interestingly enough, he has filler clips that show off the ego mower. Was very nice to see ("hey, I recognize that mower!").

Not trying to promote/spam, but if you're interested check out youtu. be/ DLnYqk_Nc0Q (I'll leave it to you to reassemble the link).

Was also curious if they're a member on here (since it appears most ego owners appear to enjoy the community involvement). If so, great series.

Anyways, good to see ego taking off and becoming commonplace in lawn grooming videos. Though subtle, the association of these products with those promoting good lawn maintenence should further drive product awareness.
Photo of Brad Christie

Brad Christie

• 2,568 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
  • happy, confident, proud

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,468 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I've been watching some of his videos lately, but I don't remember seeing Ego products. I'll check that out later. I've been getting more serious about my lawn lately and I've gotten some good tips from his channel.

Thanks for the link, Brad!
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,400 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
He does have a review of the original Ego mower that's very favorable.

I've watched quite a few of Allyn Hane's videos. He used to work for Trugreen, so he actually knows what he's talking about and takes his channel seriously. He also used to be located in suburban Chicago, which has the same climate as where I live, so his information was particularly helpful to me.

This spring he moved to Florida, so now he's focusing more on warm-climate lawn care. Less use to me, but I know some of our members here might find him helpful!
Photo of Brad Christie

Brad Christie

Good to know. I saw a for sale on some of his later videos, must have been when he made the change. (Think the video was how to dominate your neighbor's lawn, lol).

Florida is a stretch for me as well, to bad. And although I don't have the same has type, the overall tips about climate and care were helpful.
Photo of Brad Christie

Brad Christie

Add an addendum, if ego were to adopt how to videos and general guidance on lawn care, I think it would greatly increase visibility/traffic. As I cruise blogs, videos, etc I see a lot of stuff around Scott's products and lawn care companies, but not much from manufacturers. Could be a sweet spot to mix in products while talking to proper grooming tips while demonstrating using ego products.

To get the ball rolling, some videos on:

* cutting heights of different grasses and times of year (then showing the adjustments using the mowers easy to adjust handle).

* mulching versus bagging and which one is appropriate (while switching between two on mower)

* safe ways to tackle hills (while demonstrating how rear wheel drive is beneficial)

* mower maintenence such as blade changing (show off how easy it is to tilt mower upright and not have traditional issues involved with gas mowers)

Etc. Give people a reason to find ego even if they're not looking to make a purchase. Anyone that cares about their lawn is doing some kind of research. If they find tips on how to trim the hedges then see an electric trimmer, they may think twice about upgrading. ;)
(Edited)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,468 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Great ideas, Brad!
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 80,948 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Brad, these are all great suggestions!! This is something we're interested in doing in the future.  We do have some how-to videos for our first generation of tools and are working on more for this second generation. Here's our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-J2ywb-mrnnB0ordKWk_Vw