HELP my LM2100 from 2017 wont run

• Problem
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • In Progress
The battery is fully charged, the headlight works just fine.  I have used it for the past two years and really love this product. Any suggestions for me?  Thanks in advance.
Photo of will

will

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 106,428 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Handle fully extended and clips locked in place ?

Pressing and holding green start button then lifting bail handle ?

Blade spins freely turning by hand (BATTERY REMOVED) ?

Photo of Tae Cooke

Tae Cooke

• 1,982 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Right. More information of symptoms are required. When you go to turn it on, does anything happen? There should be a "click" from the bale switch, and it should feel different if pulled with and without the safety button pressed. Do the battery lights turn on when you correctly pull the bale switch? Etc.
Photo of pete Brenenstuhl

pete Brenenstuhl

• 190 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Will.. No problem  been there done that..this answer is not a joke...just get a tall glass of ice tea and a chair, get comfortable, squeeze the safety handle and push the start button ....takes any where from 30 to 45 times and the mower will start...then in the off season when you can afford to give the mower up for the 4 weeks it  takes for the dealer to order and receive and install  the NEW MOTHER BOARD. you will be back in business..Mine took longer because another dealer pirated the order and Home Depot had to re -order.. but now its so great to just hit start and mow. they claim the mower must have been washed or otherwise got wet to short out the one tiny component that failed as the early mowers electronics were not sealed.. so again... not a joke try it....I mowed for about two  months like that,, when you push the start button the mower may turn a few revolutions and stop,,just wait a few seconds and repeat the procedure, it should eventually start...just don't shut it off to empty the bag..i learned how to keep it running and dump the bag.. just be careful.. good luck.. I never gave up un the mower... I love it.. just one of those things on early models I guess.. been running fine ever since.. thay now advertise that the new generation of mowers are SEALED against water.. if it dosent even try to start you will just have to taek it in now as more things on the board have failed!
(Edited)
Photo of mattysa

mattysa

• 534 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Mine did the same thing. If the above doesn't work, then check out my video on checking and changing the motor brushes.  https://youtu.be/rQ4cg9WT1bM.  This is if you don't want to or cant go down the warranty path.   I had two issues, one being a burnt out PCB and the other was the brushes had lost their spring. If the brushes aren't making contact with the motor commutator then it's never going to start. The previous post saying that the earlier boards were not sealed is not my experience, Mine is a 2015 model and it was fully encapsulated in epoxy as the new ones are, just the old ones were black epoxy and the new are clear.  

(Edited)
Photo of pete Brenenstuhl

pete Brenenstuhl

• 190 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Brushes on an older mower would probably be a good thing to check,, mine was less than a year old and just an anomaly.. the repair techs asked if I "washed it" as they said they were finding a few water caused failures because although the board is sealed in epoxy the mower fame didn't have a good seal and water found other areas to cause a short, connections , motor etc  especially when they got the same mower back with water in the same places.. the owner admitted to "washing it out" so Ego must have realized there was a  problem because if you watch the new ads they now stress that the mower is sealed ,so they probably added some kind of barrier or sealer between the motor and the frame.so I keep mine dry just to be safe. I love my Ego... I get a kick out my neighbors looking at me in envy and disbelief as I almost silently mow my lawn as they don ear muffs and push that loud power surging varoom varoom neighborhood disturbing noise maker back and forth...I use to be one of them.. Thanks Ego..
(Edited)
Photo of mattysa

mattysa

• 534 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Ah that is interesting, I'd like to see if someone opens a new mower to see this additional sealing and perhaps I can retrofit some myself because not being able to wash out the bottom is a real pain.