Hello Just used my new EGO ARC 56v ,power trimmer, Model ST1521S

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Not a Problem
I am not real happy with this Trimmer, The string cuts in a clockwise direction which throws all the grass toward the user. All other weed eaters cut in the counter clockwise direction, I really do not think that this product was tested in the field properly before being release. This is my first product from EGO and I am not very happy with this one. 
Thanks Ronnie
Photo of Ronnie Marshall

Ronnie Marshall

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 54,624 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
RonnieThis has been discussed quite a bit on this forum.  Perhaps all trimmers that you have used rotate CCW, but it is certainly not all string trimmers.  It is just a user preference and what you are used to, not a design flaw.

So, you can give it time for your hands and brain to adjust the the CW rotation or you can return the trimmer to HD under their 90 day satisfaction guarantee policy.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 47,784 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Ego's powerhead (multi-tool) trimmer spins counter-clockwise.

From previous discussions here about the issue, it seems the trend is that most consumer-grade trimmers spin clockwise and professional-grade trimmers are CCW.

I had the exact opposite experience as you. I was used to using a clockwise trimmer. When I switched to the powerhead trimmer I ended up with debris all over my feet. I simply had to adapt how I used it to compensate.