Do you sell your products anywhere other than The Home Depot?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Out of date

looking to purchase your lawn mower and is home depot  your only distributer?
Photo of sarah

sarah

• 70 Points
  • unsure

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 180,008 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Sarah,

Home Depot is the only distributor that carries the latest models of Ego equipment, like the 21" mowers, 530 cfm blower, and 16" chainsaw.

If you are exploring your options and would entertain last year's models, the whole list of Ego Authorized retailers can be found on their warranty policy page here:

http://egopowerplus.com/pages/warrant...
Photo of David Cline

David Cline

• 37,182 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Wow, you beat me by almost 5 minutes!

I blame a rambunctious toddler who somehow seems to have more energy at bedtime than I ever have anytime!
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Lol!
Photo of G. Vogel

G. Vogel

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Buy from Amazon! They will only slow dance when you need parts or repair. HD will ignore you. My nearest one just quit offering it, an act of kindness and good business sense.
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 65,000 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
G. Vogel. I dont understand what you mean. "Act of kindness"
Photo of G. Vogel

G. Vogel

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I was prevented from doing business with an outfit that tells me they have an EGO mower in stock but when I sent a friend to pick it up, they had just stopped selling it. I took that as a lucky break since they offer no after-sale service.
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

Seriously. You need to stop. If you don't have ego products, get off this forum.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,580 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Agreed, Jacob. At this point G. sounds like a plant from another company just trying to trash-talk a competitor.
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

Definitely. Just keep your "eye" on him Ken. (Your picture)
Photo of Jacob Ripplinger

Jacob Ripplinger

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I understand the many reasons of (exclusive retailer) not to bash but... if your retailing stores are only stocking 4-5 units and the demand is around 25-30 after a snow storm, I believe that they are hindering your true success. your product is another number to HD sales, not to mention the 7.5 is not available HD. all while internet sales are two weeks out. .... Just something to blow some snow at...

J. Ripplinger
Photo of David Cline

David Cline

• 37,182 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
To date, Home Depot is the exclusive seller of most new Ego tools when they are first released. Eventually other retailers have been getting older products a year or two after Home Depot. For example, you can now buy the 20" mower kit from Amazon, but it is the same price as the newly released 21" mower that is currently only available from Home Depot.

Ego keeps an updated list of their authorized retailers on the warranty page (because the warranty is only valid when purchased from an authorized retailer):

http://egopowerplus.com/pages/warrant...

As of today, here is the full list of Ego retailers:

Home Depot; Home Depot Canada; Amazon.com; Grainger; RC Enterprises; Mosess, Inc.; Despain Repair Shop; McAlpin Small Engine; Kuhn Turf Equipment; Steffeny Mower Sales & Service; Craig’s Power Equipment; Van’s Implement; Riggan Repair; Roger’s Yamaha; Rankin Sales & Service; OK Auto Parts; Boyd & Sons, Inc.; Marx Repair LLC; Nick’s Farm Store; Pankonin’s Implement; Pike Run Services, LLC; E-Z Sales & Engineering; Merz Farm Equipment; Dean’s Repair, Bobcat of Lima, Inc.; Como Mower Service & Sales, LLC.; Red Barn Trailer Sales, Inc.; Heil Bros Lawn & Garden Equip.; C & C Distributors; David’s Trailer & Hitch; C W Mower; JMF LTD.; S & S Auto Parts; Star City Motor Sports; JR's Village Repair, Midwest Mower Pro.; APC Liquidator; Mower Medic LLC
(Edited)
Photo of Mark K

Mark K

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Your list does not help us in Canada. We cannot seem to buy the EGO products we want at Home Depot Canada nor at HomeDepot.ca.
Please provide us a way to purchase directly from EGO or some other retailer!
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Dude, I feel ya!  I'm in Canada too (Ottawa).

As far as I know we're stuck with Home Depot for now.  Other than the SP mower kit mysteriously vanishing from the site (and the prices being generally higher than they should be given the exchange rate), I'm pretty sure everything is there?

What are you looking for?
Photo of Mark K

Mark K

Hedge Trimmer, tool only, no battery.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Here's the link:

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.56...

Maybe Jennifer can look into when the bare tool will be back in stock?
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,048 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Mark, Home Depot Canada should have the bare tool in stock by early next week.  They ran out but the replenishments have made it to the warehouse now.  It should only be a matter of days before you can order online.
Photo of Mark K

Mark K

Thanks Jennifer. That is definitely good news.
Hopefully HD Canada can get better at these kind of updates in the future.
Thanks again!
Have a great day.

Official Response
Hi everyone, actually, the best way to find the most up to date list of all of our authorized retailers, by your zip code, is to go to the below page.  The only missing retailer on that page is Amazon.com.  Be sure to contact the local store for price and availability.  Not all products are at all the stores.

http://egopowerplus.com/apps/store-locator
(Edited)
Photo of Mark K

Mark K

Where do Canadians go for our list of retailers? We do not have zip codes...

Mark, at this time in Canada, EGO products are only available at The Home Depot Canada.
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

I wish these were in the hardware stores like True Value, and ACE. Lots of these places also have repair capabilites on site.

We now have Canadian dealers starting to arrive on our store locator. Check here for the latest listings: http://egopowerplus.com/apps/store-lo...

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.