Hedge Trimmer (tool only) Pricing

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: price

The cost for the Hedge Trimmer (tool only HT2400) on the Home Depot website is $199 which is the same price as the Hedge Trimmer (HT2401) with the 2.0 battery. The price had been listed at $149 for the bare tool. Is this just an issue with the HD website or is there a price increase?

Photo of Mike M

Mike M

• 674 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 106,122 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I would guess it is a HD glitch on the bare tool.  Otherwise the price with battery would have gone up as well.
Photo of Egocentric

Egocentric

• 6,328 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I just tried it linking from the Ego website and Munchuk is right the bare tool is pricing the same as the tool with the battery and charger.  I would try to get a chat line on HD website and ask them.  
Photo of shedman

shedman

• 1,360 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I just looked at this as well.  The issue is that the HD Sku is the same for both:  
Model # HT2400  Internet #205163108  Store SKU #1000032207
Model # HT2401  Internet #204753717  Store SKU #1000032207
Photo of Egocentric

Egocentric

Excellent observation!  Again, I would try to get the live chat line going on HD if you are going to buy online, or if the trimmer is available at your local HD print out the sales page for each trimmer and show the people at the service desk the matching SKUs. 
Photo of Egocentric

Egocentric

I just now checked the local weather radar screen.  The ubiquitous Home Depot ad was there with guess what?  A bare bones hedge trimmer for $149.  I clicked on it, but it still come up $199.  
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

HD glitch indeed
Photo of Egocentric

Egocentric

You called it 3 hours ago.
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 68,274 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
We are checking into this right now. Hopefully we will have some clarification for you soon. 
Photo of Mike M

Mike M

Thanks for all of the responses! I wanted to make someone aware of the glitch. 
Photo of Egocentric

Egocentric

A thought does occur to me.  If the pricing glitch is only in the computer, the store shelf should still have the correct price.  If you live close to a Home Depot check the store inventory on the website by choosing the store near you on the webpage.  If they have in-store stock, go have a look, if the price is $149, take a photo of shelf price with correct store SKU on your phone.  I bet they will honor the price at check out.  If not say you don't want it and wait for the mistake to be corrected.  
Photo of Egocentric

Egocentric

It is still $149 on Intellicast:

Photo of Egocentric

Egocentric

Checked this morning.  It is still $199 at the HD website, and $149 on the Intellicast advertisement.  
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 68,274 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
We have final word:

Bare tool hedge trimmer is $129
Kit is $199

It's being fixed on homedepot.com and will be updated as soon as possible. 
Photo of Egocentric

Egocentric

Excellent!  Now if I only needed a hedge trimmer.  
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

After all that a $20 reduction in the bare tool
Thanks Amber
Photo of Mike M

Mike M

Thanks for looking into this Amber. Although, now you made it more tempting to buy the bare tool with the reduction in price. 

Photo of Rick

Rick

• 1,094 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Too bad they didn't put similar effort into the mispriced 575 blower kit.
Photo of Egocentric

Egocentric

You are right.  Even with the old unit price of $149 on the hedge trimmer, the savings of the kit compared to the total of individual prices of is $149.  For the blower, the kit is only $93 cheaper than the total of the combined prices.  With the new price on the trimmer, the delta is $169.  They are giving a far bigger discount on the 2 ah battery than the 5, because everything else in the (old price) is priced the same.     
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.