Hedge Trimmer jammed

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Solved
Yesterday while using my hedge trimmer, it jammed up. I wasn't cutting anything that thick or out of the ordinary. I have used it a bunch of times with no issue.   

I checked each blade for blockages or stuck debris and there doesn't seem to be any.

The blades don't move at all.  When it's powered up and the buttons are depressed, it makes a sound like it's going to start cutting and then just stops and stalls.

Any ideas??
Photo of Scott

Scott

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,468 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
The only things that come to mind are what's in the manual; dissolving built up pitch/sap, oiling the blades and removing obvious obstructions:

If none of those suggestions works, you could try loosening the nuts that hold the blades together very slightly. It's possible they're jammed or there's something stuck in between them that you can't see.

All else fails, give Ego Customer Service a shout and they'll look after you.
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 54,398 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Is that a manual.  What the heck is all of that text  :)

Good tips. Please let us know what fixes your problem.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,468 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Yes, that little white booklet thingy sitting in the bottom of the box.  Also available on line, you know, for the kids. :-)
Photo of Denise C

Denise C

• 6,334 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hi Scott! Thank you for your post (and thank you Blue Angel for posting the troubleshooting steps)! I see that you created an account with us, but you did not provide your phone number. We'd love to assist you with this issue, so if you could either send a private email to support@egopowerplus.com with your phone number and the best time to reach you; -or- give us a call at 1-855-346-5656 at your convenience, we would be more than happy to help you out. We are available Monday through Friday 8:30AM-8PM EST and Saturdays and Sun-days 10AM-6PM EST.  Please have the serial numbers of your hedge trimmer, battery, and charger ready when calling. We look forward to hearing from you!
Photo of Scott

Scott

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks,  I should have added that I did go through the manual and trouble shooting steps before posting here. Sorry, ha!  I'll follow up with customer service