Hedge Trimmer in Canada yet?

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
I was wondering if anyone knows if the hedge trimmer attachement 20 inches and the power head will be available in Canada soon?
Photo of Nicolas Tétreault

Nicolas Tétreault

• 228 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • disapointed

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of giggleherz .

giggleherz .

• 2,188 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Last year at my local HD I was told on the sly that EGO was not going to sell the hedge trimmer here because its not a money maker for EGO or HD. Not sure what the issue is except that maybe EGO just cant make the stuff fast enough because my HD has very few EGO products. The ones they do have are hidden and on Saturdays all the EGO stuff is pushed to the back and the Ryobi sales people spill out dozens of products. I had to walk around five Ryobi sales people just to buy my EGO mower. They are clearly pushing back against EGO and even tried to talk me out of buying one of the mowers. I had already made up my mind what I was going to buy and told them to get out of my way because I am buying the best mower in here and its not a Ryobi.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 91,066 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Ryobi is the store brand so I am sure it brings the biggest profits

Nicolas Tétreault

I did not had that problem at my HD.  The guy that sold me the mower and the string trimmer was all in with Ego.  Maybe with a year passing by, HD made up their mind and changed the way they think about Ego?
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 91,066 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
good to hear Nicolas.  Every HD is different and areas of the country are different based on the regional management.
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 67,888 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hi Nicolas! We're checking into this right now and will post as soon as we have something definitive. 
Photo of David

David

• 1,942 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Nicolas Tétreault- do you live anywhere near the border?
 I waited all last summer after the power-head appeared in the states, all winter, now the hedge trimmer appeared in the states but the power-head still hasn't appeared in Canada (only a pole saw attachment by itself is sometimes available - funny - why- not like one can use it without the powerhead?).
Trust me when I say I've spent many hours over the year with managers, all the way up to headoffice trying for a solution/way to get one. I can truthfully say that to me; there is a bunch of incompetent quacks running HD.ca. 
 (not to say they they get an A grade for competency in the HD@USA either-  believe it or not all my Powerhead tools where shipped from California to New York when i ordered???- Guess nobody thought of stocking warehouses anywhere in between). that is almost longest possible shipping distance!
I suggest you don't hold your breath and either find an independent Ego authorized retailer , or if you are near US border- order HD.com and when it arrives do a roadtrip- BTW-there is no duty on garden tools....thus far...
, just taxes to pay in the state you buy and GST (sometimes PST) at the border unless your in US for an extended stay-personal exemption.
(Edited)

Nicolas Tétreault

I'm not that far from Lacolle.  I was wondering if i was doing a road trip to Burlington... But make them ship it to the borders and get them at freeport would be an option.  I'm strongly considering that...
Photo of David

David

I don't know how you can get it shipped to the border (has to stay on USA side) unless you find a ups store nearby or a recieving /holding/shipping warehouse nearby.
unless i am missing info- any of these services by a third party cost money (and many really take advantage)

keep it simple: order it and have it shipped to a HD store in US.
your two closest stores would be south burlington VT, or massena NY.
I personally hate the Lacolle border as it gets too busy....but burlington is nice to spend the day.....bring bicycles and go for a nice ride along the lake, lots of nice restaurants too.
There is a small loophole that needs to be followed in order to be able to international order- i'll post it if it is requested .....as i wouldn't want them to close this loophole

Nicolas Tétreault

I just found www.igocordless.ca .. Very interesting... You know that site?  I can get what i need delivered to my door!!! or seems like it tho!
Photo of David

David

yup seems that way, and it may be a solution for you.
 It comes out to what seems a fair price. They seem to tag along a small shipping fee if not sent to the local authorized retailer,,
Since they do ship to local authorized retailer that would mean that they too ar authorized.

, and they will have to tag both  federal and provincial taxes (i would assume as i didnt want to go further into the order sequence.

No mention of delivery arrival delay.
Let us know if you order....
For me my searches for an independent at a fair price were futile....and like i mentioned it was an enjoyable short 1hr drive to the USA home depot...... 
maybe I'll order from them next time EGO releases a new/locally unavailable product.

Their site is saved  in my favorites/bookmarks

Nicolas Tétreault

I will probably order there.  Prices a fair (the weed eater is even at a better price).  Local retailer is 20 minutes away which is way closer than going to the states.  The small shipping fee is to get us to get to the retailer to make a first contact for the after service (that's what they told me).  I did not go further either in the order sequence but i also assume that it will have both taxes.  Seems a win solution for me.  I'll let you know when i'll do the purchase!
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 80,888 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Nicholas, we got your FB message too. The hedge trimmer is new and on its way to Canada now. The power head was out of stock but also coming back into stock. We anticipate both to be available in 8 weeks.

Nicolas Tétreault

Ordered from igocordless.ca on friday night.  Received it today.  Fast service!
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 91,036 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Glad it worked well for you Nicolas, igocordless.ca and Union Wheel are good alternatives to HD CA.
Enjoy the trimmer, it is a great tool.