Have the 1502SF. Is there a trimmer head that can be attached that is not line fed?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Want to attach a non-string trimmer head or one that does not feed string.  Is there an accessory for this trimmer?
Photo of Stephen Kaufman

Stephen Kaufman

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,788 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
The Ego trimmers are not compatible with aftermarket accessories, and Ego only makes bump-feed style heads.
Photo of Stephen Kaufman

Stephen Kaufman

Thanks for the prompt reply. Disappointing. Am thinking about reining the trimmer as this, I think, is not as user friendly, too proprietary and not green.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

For what it's worth, the bump head does work really well.  Have you tried it yet?
Photo of Stephen Kaufman

Stephen Kaufman

No I have not. Just do not want to be bothered by the inconvenience of reloading the line. From your experience how long does the line last? I realize this is variable.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

I have a fairly small lot, but I was able to go a whole year on the string that was included with the trimmer.  Now to be honest I wasn't edging with it, but I was carefully trimming vertically along my 35' paving stone walkway and about 40' of sidewalk.  Someone who trims more aggressively will go through string faster.

Do you have the new Rapid Reload head model?  If so, reloading the string is super easy and takes only a minute or two.  Mine is the original head that needs to have the spool removed and wound by hand, and even that only takes a few minutes after you get the hang of it.
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 64,900 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I reload once per year and I trim ALOT.
(Edited)
Photo of Stephen Kaufman

Stephen Kaufman

Thanks