Has anyone used the Vortex 0.095 line for their Ego string trimmer?

• Question
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
  • Answered
The stock Ego 0.095 spiral line is just too brittle and looking for something more durable.
Photo of Glenn S

Glenn S

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 89,540 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Photo of Glenn S

Glenn S

So, you have had good luck with the Husqvarna Titanium Force?  That Ego line breaks had the slightest provocation and it often breaks internally, so I have to pull off the head each time to feed it out. 
Photo of Glenn S

Glenn S

Champion,  Will the Husky Titanium tear up wood borders or is pretty gentle on wood, but tough on vegetation?
Photo of William

William

• 526 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I've used the Husky Titanium 0.095 for over a year.  It has held up well--better than the EGO line that came with the trimmer...I think.  I've not had any internal breaks.  I use the trimmer on St. Augustine grass along a cedar fence, concrete slab, and to edge and sweep the trenches around several flower beds.  It does leave marks on the cedar fence, but of course they're close to the ground and therefore mostly not visible from the street.
Photo of Glenn S

Glenn S

OK, good
Photo of bigfootcountry

bigfootcountry

• 5,612 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
.095 vortex is very good line....and pretty quite. In .095 it is my go to line.....gone through unknown feet of this line. Recently found a .080 that works well also.
Photo of Glenn S

Glenn S

I used the Husky Titanium 0.095 line and it works well.  Not as brittle as stock Ego string, easy to feed thru head and unit does not bog down with it