Has anybody used the high lift blade on the 20" brushless mower (LM2022SP) for grass mulching?

• Question
  • Updated 8 months ago
  • In Progress
I have seen a few posts on mulching leaves and debris.  But I am just interested in how well this blade does for grass mulching?  I don't want to have this shipped from UK to find it does a worst job of grass mulching that the standard blade.
Photo of Rico

Rico

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of (a)Typical Engineer

(a)Typical Engineer

• 25,910 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Photo of Rico

Rico

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the information, but I was hoping for 20" HL blade for gen 3 information because I have heard that each configuration have very different characteristics.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 50,636 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
The results have varied as reported here by users.
The HL blade is not designed for mulching but some have reported better mulching results. The Hl blade is designed for more lift and thus bagging. The standard blade is designed for mulching and bagging.
Personally my results with the 21” match the designed intentions. The standard blade mulches better and the HL blade bags better.
Unfortunately you would have to try it to see how it performs on your grass type and thickness at the cutting height you prefer.
Photo of bloomz

bloomz

• 11,146 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
WAY better
Photo of Rick Strekal

Rick Strekal

• 60 Points
Do you have this setup?  Can you give me some more detail?
Photo of (a)Typical Engineer

(a)Typical Engineer

• 25,910 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
His review:
https://community.egopowerplus.com/eg...

His setup: "No, mine is for the 21" Self Propelled, but I am sold on it.  Had I not lucked out an got one on Amazon, I would have bought one from the UK knowing what I know now.  We all tried waiting on Ego but there comes a time when you have to fend for yourself!"
https://community.egopowerplus.com/ego/topics/is-there-a-high-lift-blade-for-the-new-20-steel-deck-m...
(Edited)
Photo of Pantheon

Pantheon

• 342 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Also interested in the HL 20 inch blade. Not the modified blade.