Hard to believe....

• Praise
  • Updated 2 years ago
Here it is, February 28th and I cut my grass for the first time this year today! Charged my three batteries, trimmed the bushes with the hedge trimmer, cut the grass, trimmed with my string trimmer, and then used the blower. Everything worked exactly as it is supposed to work. This is year 4 with my Ego equipment and it looks like it's going to be a long one!
Photo of Tim1951

Tim1951

• 3,364 Points 3k badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,788 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Awesome Tim!  Great to hear from you!

BTW, any spring looks good with a clean Vette in the driveway!  :-)
Photo of Tim1951

Tim1951

• 3,364 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Thanks Blue Angel.
Photo of Michael G

Michael G

• 8,750 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
@Tim1951 - what part of the country are you located in?

I'm in Chicagoland and I saw a guy mowing his leaves yesterday. Surprised me because the ground is still pretty soggy with all the melted snow and rain we have gotten recently.
Photo of John Olthuis

John Olthuis

• 406 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Here in Ontario we are experiencing a snow storm. Still using our EGO snow throwers.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

South-Western Ontario got it pretty bad. Over here in Ottawa we’re expecting about 2cm later this evening... not even enough to worry about. :-)
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 104,276 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Measuring snow fall in cm.  Make me question the heartiness of our neighbors to the north. I would think you would ignore anything under a decimeter.  :)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

When I was young... ;-)

These days if there’s even a hint of freezing rain or more than 10cm in the forecast the school busses are cancelled. In my day I took the bus and was lucky to get a snow day once a year.

But yeah, a decimetre is about where the switch from shovel to snowblower USED to happen. Now, this Ego is so easy to use I get it out all the time, even for half that much snow.
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 34,956 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Some of us are still shoveling snow the "old fashion" way, before modern technology took over.  So count yourself lucky to have an EGO snow blower ... :)

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Jeez... you couldn’t wait until I was done my lunch to post a selfie, eh? Wait, are you my neighbor?!?
(Edited)
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 104,276 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
"So count yourself lucky to have an EGO snow blower "

Indeed, very much so !
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 34,956 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,500 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I'm jealous. Here in central Iowa the snow has melted off and it's been in the 50s. I'm hearing birds chirping outside for the first time in months, but I think we still have a few more weeks before the grass starts to grow.
Photo of Steve Edmundson

Steve Edmundson

• 70 Points
Indeed. I'm in NC and needed to cut my grass today. However, my battery won't charge. Have a call into EGO. 
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 104,340 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Did you try using the battery or just go straight to the charger, because it won't charge if it is already full.  Just a thought
Photo of Steve Edmundson

Steve Edmundson

• 70 Points
Yep. I did try it. I've completed my warranty claim and awaiting shipment of a replacement battery.