My handles won't stay extended, even with replacement clamps.

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
handles popping out and was getting worse, now have received replacements, replaced them today, have been testing them, they are still popping out. What can I do? Very frustrating to the point I would like to send this mower back for a replacement.
Photo of Robert Ruvkun

Robert Ruvkun

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of David Cline

David Cline

• 36,912 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Might even try emailing Ego photo or two of your mower to see if they can spot a reason the replacement clamps didn't solve the problem. I can't recall seeing a single person post that the replacement clamps didn't solve the problem, so there could be something else going on with your handle to cause this problem.
Photo of Samuel Strong

Samuel Strong

• 2,060 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hello Robert,

That is very odd that they are not working properly, in order to completely take care of this issue we will need to refer you to service. If you would please take your mower and both sets of handle clamps to the following Home Depot Tool Rental Service Desk, they will be able to help you resolve this issue:

Lander #4702
2701 Utah Ave South
Seattle, WA 98134
(206)467-9200

You may also be charged an $18 service fee up front, but this will be refunded back to you, as it is all covered under warranty. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 1-855-346-5656.