Hand-held vacuum / shop vacuum

• Idea
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Under Consideration
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Wet/Dry Vacuum!

Would love to see Ego use its obvious advancement in the 56V battery for a hand-held indoor or shop vacuum.  Not on the blower, but a real nice and easy to use shop vacuum or hand-held that can compete with the cheap Dysons.  I think those are so over-rated.  Get good suction and 56V running time (li-on) and you would have it sold over and over.  The reputation on the blower and the trimmer will propel the shop vacuum / clean-up vacuum.  Would be superb winter time gift during the playoffs and Superbowl month(s).  Greta product so far (I have the blower).
Photo of Jeremy Quirk

Jeremy Quirk

• 384 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 54,538 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Damn ATE, did you have to revive this thread again.  You know that this and a power center are 2 of the most usable things EGO could make right now.  The shop vac for me would be a weekly thing, more so than my lawn stuff. 

Implemented.... Implemented....

im·ple·ment:  put (a decision, plan, agreement, etc.) into effect.

Ok, they did it.   Hey hey hey, a shop vac is on the way.

Hear that EGO, you said Implement.  It's all on you!

Photo of (a)Typical Engineer

(a)Typical Engineer

• 26,612 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Yes, and you are welcome. :P
Photo of leo

leo

• 1,444 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I see sommany comments about how it would be hard for EGo to do a shop vac. Well in today's world all they need to do is license any vacuume mfg and add the EGo batter, change the color and sell it. The fill in the name vac mfg wins, EGo sell batteries wins and we users Win
(Edited)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,708 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Ego is a Chervon brand, one of the largest tool manufacturers in the world. They definitely have access to the resources if they decide to make one. :-)
Photo of Philip Palmer

Philip Palmer

• 108 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled 56V ROLLING SHOP VAC!.

I know this has floated around some in here but I feel there is a genuine need for this with people who own medium sized shops or work large sites with out power easily available. Yes, there are handheld versions but nothing available like I am suggesting. The hand held versions are fine for small jobs like inside a cabinet or on top of machinery, but have too little suction power and too short of battery life to handle floor jobs. Corded shop vacs, have the power but the cords are limited in length because of amperage and the cord makes it annoying to try to maneuver around the equipment in the shop. The capacity needs to be 15 gallons at a minimum and be wet/dry capable. As an added feature, have the floor sweeping fitting made to attach to the front of the vacuum just above the floor so the user can push the entire unit around like an indoor vacuum to cover large open areas. They then remove the fitting attachment and connect the rigid extensions to vacuum around the equipment. A removable upright handle will make it easy to push and provide a place to hold some of the smaller accessories. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.