Hand held cordless vacuum

• Idea
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Under Consideration
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Cordless sweeper/vacuum

I would like to see you all make a handheld cordless vacuum for cleaning the inside of vehicles or quick pickups in the house. I notice the biggest complaint about vacuums like this is that the battery power/longevity stinks. I believe your 2.0 battery would work perfect for this type of tool, just a thought.
Photo of Paul

Paul

• 254 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Jack Parker

Jack Parker

• 186 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I agree. Would love a hand held vacuum or some EGO competition to the Dyson hand held rechargeable.
Jack Parker
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 68,294 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Excellent idea, gentlemen! We'll pass this on to the product team today.
Photo of Barbara Hickman

Barbara Hickman

• 94 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I  also would love to see a cordless vacuum. Preferably using the 5.0 AH 56V battery that our chainsaw and snow blower use.  Not a wimpy little one to pick up dust bunnies - one substantial enough to clean the inside of the car (little rocks, etc).  With a crevice tool!
Photo of John Pf

John Pf

• 246 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thumbs up for this idea! A stick version with detachable head. Also a small ultra portable hand unit would be nice.
Photo of dzmiller

dzmiller

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I recently bought a $450 cordless Dyson V8. Part of the reason was cleaning the car. I'm somewhat disappointed in its performance in car cleaning. One of my first thoughts was that I wished I could use one of my big EGO batteries for that job.

The form factor for an EGO vacuum I would prefer is a small shop vac with carry handle. One of the problems of the Dyson in the car is that the head size is too big to get into tight spaces. Just a more traditional hose and attachments would be a better design for that use.

I do find that the Dyson V8 in the house is a nice design for a secondary vacuum. I don't think a EGO cordless vacuum would need to have a full suite of floor accessories to sell well. It could just be a good, small shop vac.
Photo of Barbara Hickman

Barbara Hickman

• 94 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Awesome idea!  Great post!
Photo of dzmiller

dzmiller

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I did a bit of searching I think an EGO version of the form factor of the Oreck Commercial BB900DGR XL Pro 5 would sell well, including in some commercial applications.

One feature often missing from many vacs is the option to keep some on the tools onboard. I would like a clip on tool holder. The holder would be removable if the desire is too keep the unit as small as possible.

I have Dyson cordless tools spread all over the house.  There is no way for Dyson to do onboard tools. But Ego Power probably doesn't want to do a direct Dyson competitor. The advantage EGO has in this space is high energy and power batteries.

A design should probably consider the future addition of powered attachments, even if the device is first marketed as a smallish cordless shop vac. 
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 180,008 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I see an Ego vacuum being an upright design so the larger battery and more powerful motors don’t weigh you down.

As handy as the Dyson stick vacs are, increasing the weight by 50% would be a deal breaker for many. Ego uses 14 cells to Dyson’s 6 (V8) and 7 (V10) and much more Engineering around those cells to keep them cool. That weight will add up quick.
Photo of Joshua Crist

Joshua Crist

• 96 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Make an indoor stick vacuum..

Dyson, etc, have no power and multiple-hour charge times. I don't care if its heavy, please make a stick-style vacuum for indoor use. 
Photo of roddhall

roddhall

• 98 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Household Vacuum!.

Why stick with just tools and outdoor prodocts? If you developed a household vacuum that works as well as your other products, I'd buy one in an instant.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.