Great Customer Service!

• Praise
  • Updated 4 years ago
I received my "new" mower yesterday (it's actually an open-box, maybe a customer-return), and oh no, the safety key thingie was not included.  The store couldn't help me, so I called EGO customer service.  The nice lady there (I didn't get her name) immediately arranged to have a key sent out to me for free.

Very nice.  Now, I wait.  The mower is sitting in its place of honor in my dining room.  I'll push it around occasionally and make "vroom-vroommm" noises with my mouth.
Photo of Dave Nagy

Dave Nagy

• 284 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • Thankful

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of TPC1938

TPC1938

• 172 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Dave you will love the sound of the mower and so will the neighbors.  NO MORE VAROOM that wake up the dogs.  One thing, though, on occasion the engine will stop for no apparent reason. Since I am not an engineer it took me a while to figure out that on bumpy terrain, the battery will pop out of its seat, and then all you have to do is push it back in.  Also check the latches on the uprights, they can stop the machine on occasion as well.  I have had mine for over two seasons, and those are the only problems. Relatively easy fixes, but the CSR's are excellent as is the company in general.  Good luck!
Photo of Rob

Rob

• 9,052 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I agree, the battery should not come unseated unless you do something like drop the mower from 5 feet up.
Photo of TPC1938

TPC1938

That's not true!  I have not dropped the mower from any height, but is the unit stops I have noticed that the battery light goes out and is easily corrected by re seating it.  If this is an engineering flaw, well fine.
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 52,618 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
The way the clamping mechanism is designed, it would be difficult for it to come out.  Are you getting a audible click when pushing the battery in?  I would definitely call customer service, it may be a broken locking clamp for the battery.  But as Rob pointed out, when working properly it would take a serious hit to knock the battery out.
Photo of Rob

Rob

• 9,052 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
TPC,

No one is accusing you of anything. I am suggesting that the mower may have a problem you are not aware of.
Photo of TPC1938

TPC1938

Enough, already.
Photo of Thomas Heath

Thomas Heath

• 226 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Dave I love all my ego tools,,,glad to hear that customer service was great. :-)