got my free batteries

• Praise
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Home Depot did the paperwork to give me the free batteries for the stuff I bought in the last 2 weeks.  It took 2 people quite a while to ring up the repurchase with a military discount.  The computer didn't like accepting the way they tried to ring up the items w/ a free battery, AND the military discount.  They perserved, so my purchase charges for the  3 tools equaled the credit I was given for the refund.

One little glitch: upon leaving the store, I knew the batteries would cause the loss-prevention alarm to sound (they warned me about that), but after I was well into the parking lot I could hear high pitched squeals coming from the batteries.  They had forgotten to remove the electronic gizmos that squeal if removed from the store--it takes a magnetic tool to unlock the steel cables holding them to the merchandise.
Photo of Dave .

Dave .

• 21,716 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,988 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Good to hear Dave! Maybe your info will help someone else in the same situation.
Photo of Dave .

Dave .

• 21,716 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
don't know why the pic I uploaded didn't make it into the OP.   oh well, here it is:

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.