Gen 2 snowblower???

• Question
  • Updated 1 week ago
  • Answered
Any news on a updated Gen 2/ 2 stage snowblower ? Its been two years and i'm waiting patiently to see the new unit. Any information ??? Release date???
Photo of Damian Haugh

Damian Haugh

• 70 Points

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 69,224 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I doubt there will be anything for this year. Seems too late in the season for any new equipment introduction.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 52,554 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Yeah, typically Ego announces tools ahead of the season they're intended for. Summer lawn tools, for example, would be announced by spring.

I think if a new snow blower was going to come out this year we would have heard about it by now.
Photo of Bill Menzel

Bill Menzel

• 3,312 Points 3k badge 2x thumb

If Ego creates a two stage self-propelled snow blower, they definitely need to do better than what Snow Joe produced.  To have enough power to run it, I would assume that they might create some 80 volt batteries with at least 5 to 7.5 ahs.  That would probably give the unit enough power and torque to handle most snow conditions.  It wouldn't be cheap, but it would be worth the money if it did a good job.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 164,952 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I don’t see them straying from the current 56V platform. It has lots of room to grow, in my opinion.
Photo of Mcklain

Mcklain

• 4,506 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
The snowjoe 2 stage is garbage even if it has 80 volts.  Once there is to much stress, it just simply cuts itself out and stops working.
My single stage Ego never does that even in the most extreme situations!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVVMc9jPcXY
(Edited)
Photo of Bill Menzel

Bill Menzel

Mcklain,
I never said that the Snow Joe was a good snow blower.  What I said is that Ego would need at least 80 volt batteries to build a two stage self-propelled snow blower and then it may not have enough power.  The reason I mentioned it at all was that many people are waiting for an Ego 2 stage snow blower.  So relax. I have an Ego snow blower too.  It's the greatest thing since slice bread....lol.
Photo of Mcklain

Mcklain

• 4,506 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
My comment was not directed to you at all.  It was just my personal opinion lol.
Photo of Bill Menzel

Bill Menzel

Okay
Photo of Tae Cooke

Tae Cooke

• 328 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Having seen Snow Joe's batteries torn apart compared to Ego, I wouldn't want it regardless of the voltage. I would imagine that Ego would bundle 7.5Ahr batteries as the suggested value if they made a 2-stage (or at least they should!). While not ideal, they could also run identical Ahr batteries in series to get the higher voltage you suggest.
Photo of Bryan

Bryan

• 5,144 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Yep, and it's good to remember that Snow Joe's 2-stage doesn't actually use an 80V battery but combines two 40V batteries as a series to get you the 80V. This configuration also requires that you have to have two batteries in the snow blower at all time. If you used EGO's batteries in the same manner (and as far as I know EGO doesn't)...then that would be a theoretical 112V.  The winter I had the two-stage snow blower, I was barely finishing my driveway after using FOUR 40V 5.0Ah batteries (two at one time). 
(Edited)