Flickering headlights?

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Customer service

I've only had my mower for 2 months and have probably only used it 8 times, however the headlights are constantly flickering on and off when I use it. Even when I press the button to hold it on, it just keeps flickering away... Thankfully I'm not epileptic. 
Photo of Klint

Klint

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 65,000 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
It sounds like its a lose connection in the headlight circuit. Customer support is going to have to handle this one. One can't really fix something like this without possibly voiding the warranty. But that is for customer service to decide.
Photo of Klint

Klint

Thanks for the reply Jacob. Does customer service respond to these posts? Or is it just the community of Ego Owners helping each other out? 
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 54,658 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Both!  They are interconnected.   But the people who respond also have helped people with advice, especially during off hours.  From what I've seen, Jennifer (the EGO rep) is probably in the same department and either gives and answer or has you call them to talk about  the issue. 

Their support both online and on the phone is fantastic.  The community here is fantastic.  Just a great support mechanism.
Photo of Klint

Klint

Very smart. I also have a trimmer, and will be getting their leafblower come fall. So I'm sure I'll be using this (hopefully not TOO much though). Thanks SCDC
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 54,658 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Klint, that leaf blower will surprise you.  I have a Makita backpack blower that has been utterly fantastic, but this blower has just about as much power and really pushes the CFM.  Though I use the 4ah battery and keep the "turbo" button pushed.  I can blow away rocks.
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,048 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hi Klint, sorry for the delay in our response.  Yes, as SCDC mentioned, we are here in the community and available on the phone all the time.  Please give us a call at 1-855-346-5656 and we'll troubleshoot a little further with you and get you up and running with some functioning headlights.  We're available by phone Monday through Friday from 8:30AM - 8:00PM EST and Saturday & Sunday from 10:00AM - 6:00PM EST.  We look forward to hearing from you.
Photo of Klint

Klint

Hey Jennifer, I called the number and spoke to a rep, however they had never heard of this problem before and didn't know how to help. She said she would try and find out and get back to me, but has yet to call me. I called on Sunday. Let me know if you can help. Thanks.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.