Fix for 480 CFM Blower( trigger safety)

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Not a Problem
People often or have talked how they wish the trigger didn't have a safety.. After all, what could be the worst scenario... You blow someone accidentally?

I've done this with the bail for my old mower.... A strip of good velcro you can buy at the home depot cut and wrapped around the trigger release.

This way it holds it so you don't have to! It really stays put.
Photo of Kid Rock

Kid Rock

• 3,612 Points 3k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 180,008 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
On the 480 cfm blower, ok, I see your point, though the safety never really crossed my mind. But on a lawn mower? Dude, you're living dangerously!
Photo of Kid Rock

Kid Rock

Battery questions... Overview...

https://batterybro.com/blogs/18650-wh...
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 13,128 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Well, I'm gonna go clean up the side of my house now. I know I made my own day better here. Thanks for letting me drag you into a giant thread SCDC. I think this made everybody's day better.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

Well, I'm gonna go clean up the side of my house now. I know I made my own day better here. Thanks for letting me drag you into a giant thread SCDC. I think this made everybody's day better.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 180,008 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
High drain 3Ah 18650 cells are already in production. Bosch has announced a 6Ah 18v Lithium pack that uses ten of them. Milwaukee has also announced an 18v 9Ah pack that uses 15 of them.

You need to keep in mind also, the more parallel strings of cells you have in a pack the less load per cell there is for a given pack output. For example, the 7.5Ah pack uses three strings of 14 cells in parallel (14s3p) so for an 18 Amp load each string of cells (each cell actually) will see 1/3 of that, or 6A. To produce that same amount of output, the 2.5Ah pack would draw the full 18A from each cell as it only has one string of 14 cells (14s1p).

Therefore it is less critical to have higher drain cells in larger packs with multiple strings.

Now in the case of increasing the capacity of an existing pack design, like going from the 4Ah to the 5Ah Ego pack, the cell arrangement doesn't change. In this case, the 2.5Ah cells in the 5Ah pack need to have similar discharge characteristics compared to the 2Ah cells in the 4Ah pack if performance is to stay the same.

This is the case with 18v power tool batteries... fixed form, increased cell capacity.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

I know, that's why I suggested a future 9Ah pack that looks just like a 7.5Ah pack.

That is also why I designed a backpack battery that actually uses ICRs, 10 strings.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

Yeah, I have to agree (as I usually do) with Blue on this one, as long as you know what you're doing. EGO isn't liable for injuries caused as a result of safety features disabled by you :), but I assume you know that because that's just common sense.
Photo of Kid Rock

Kid Rock

I've just seen it mentioned in reviews too. But for me, I think I'm going to grow to like not having it.

Even Ego removed it on the 530 CFM Blower...

Recommendations from customers, reviewers and seeing the light I assume!
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 65,000 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Wow. Lets stay on topic guys. This is for a fix for 480 cfm blower(trigger safety) start a topic about battery discussion please.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

My idea wasn't to stay on topic, it was to make Kid Rock's day better, and batteries is where the thread went.  Good thing the fun had diminished before you got here :)
Photo of Kid Rock

Kid Rock

It worked. I get into things like battery tech, light bulb technology, motor tech and it always feels good to read up or talk about cool lighting design...

4 lighting layers :

¬ Focal
¬ Task
¬ Decorative
¬ ambient

Fav book: Lighting Design Basics
(Mark Karlen/James Benya)

All this could be for another thread.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

Well, you and I should have a blast. I've designed laser diodes that have adjustable wavelength before, I decorate my room with Christmas lights and am extremely particular about the reds, blues, and greens, I'll use the sun to fade the colors to very specific shades, I mess with motors pretty frequently... yep, it is definitely stuff I mess with.
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 54,608 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Lasers, now that's something that has always interested me. I did concert light shows and designed club lasers, many years ago. It was a pain back then