EGO Snow Blower?

• Idea
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Planned
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Out of date

LOVE the combination of convenience and power in these products. I'd sure love to see a snow blower added to the line. Any plans to add a snow blower to your awesome lineup?
Photo of Mike

Mike

• 310 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Clint Angus

Clint Angus

• 328 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Jennifer, do you have an ETA of when the Ego snow blower will be available at the Home Depot or any other stores in Canada and its price?  I have been following up with my local Home Depot in Ajax, and although they have a SKU number, they have no idea of when it will be available. Help!
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,968 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Clint, the snow blower should be available in Canada sometime in October based on what Jennifer has previously posted. The price is not yet confirmed.
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,048 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Clint, as Blue mentioned, please be patient with us for one more month.  More information to follow in terms of pricing and availability in just a few weeks.
Photo of Steve Warren

Steve Warren

• 984 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I'm keeping my fingers, toes, eyes and whatever else I can cross hoping I get to review this snow blower through the Home Depot Seeds program.
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 35,062 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Steve, since you accumulated so "many points" as a Seed Member of HD - do share some of your secrets with us "bottom dwellers" who are trying to be like you ... : )  My HD has a sign "prominently" displayed , but no snow blower on the floor to test out.

Photo of ChrisF

ChrisF

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I'm in the top 10 of Seeds reviewers, have been from day 1.  Would love to give this a workout in Wisconsin this Winter and a full video review.

I have the original mower, weed whacker, chainsaw and leaf blower, all great tools.
Photo of Steve Warren

Steve Warren

The key to success in the seeds program for me was when I setup an email filter to automatically send a text to my phone so I get notified in seconds of seeds@homedepot.com sending out their campaign email.
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

Thanks Steve.  How are you enjoying your new EGO backpack blower?  I bought mine about 3 weeks ago and have been using it weekly.  With the Fall coming, and my trees in the backyard starting to shed leaves, I will using this blower for this "tough" but "fun" job this year.
Photo of Steve Warren

Steve Warren

Well, I haven't gotten to use it again the past few weeks due to back surgery with 6 inches of muscle having to be cut, but I do plan to get the mowing done this weekend and I'll use the blower after that.  Overall, I am loving the blower!

One thing I wish Ego would make as at least an optional accessory to it though is different blower nozzles.  I feel like a nozzle that narrows to about an inch would be incredibly powerful and so useful for removing debris from concrete expansion joints and the such.

Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

I would agree with you on the nozzle attachment.  I do know that they are planning to release one for the 530 CFM blower early next year - maybe this will also fit our new backpack blower?  Another area of improvement I like to see with this new blower is the ability to lock down the trigger, so you don't have to hold the trigger for 40+ minutes, and end up with "hand fatigue."  I will be submitting my "thorough" review soon on this new blower.  Hope you feel better soon from your back surgery....
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 65,000 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Turbine style blowers cannot have back pressure. It will not work. You have to use a centrifugal type to be able to shrink the nozzle much at all. They would have to make a multiple output nozzle that is equal area but shoots air like a shower. Dont know if that would work
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

When I submitted a post about a month ago, the 530 CFM in the UK had the nozzle attachment on that blower (YouTube video).  I would assume that that nozzle would also work with the new backpack blower?
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Exactly. The 530 blower nozzle certainly won't restrict much. We could probably expect a similar nozzle for the backpack blower, but it will merely focus the flow a little, not so much direct it in a narrow path.
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

That would be more than sufficient for me.  I used an Edger to give me a "clean line" along the grass and the driveway / walkway, and the new backpack blower did a good job getting rid of the clippings - but not as good as my Black & Decker corded blower, with a narrow nozzle.
Photo of Steve Warren

Steve Warren

I did the same with my trimmer with the 5.0ah battery on my sidewalk to cut through the combination compacted soil and creeping clover weeds.  My neighbor was amazed how much sidewalk I recovered in literally seconds.

But yeah, the backpack blower I would equate to a strong sudden gust of wind (the kind that makes you think a tree will snap).  Sure its powerful, but the kinetic force is far exceeding the transferrable potential force to a smaller surface with such a large nozzle opening.

Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

How funny, I just used my EGO 15" trimmer yesterday for the "first time" edging my backyard - where the grass meets the mulch bed.  The only way to do that effectively is with the trimmer, but boy, did it kicked up a lot of mulches to the grass area.  Before, this would have been a "time consuming" job raking or leaf blowing the mulches back to the mulch bed, but with my new backpack blower, this was actually fun to do ... : )
Photo of Steve Warren

Steve Warren

Yeah, if you don't have safety rated corrective lenses like I wear every day, I'd get some safety glasses with side shields, wear denim jeans and preferably a long sleeved shirt.  It kicks up anything not bolted to the ground lol!
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

That was exactly my recommendation when I bought the 15 inch string trimmer for a buddy of mine as a housewarming gift. I told him to wear safety glasses and long pants, not shorts, because this thing is an animal when it starts tearing into stuff!

A few weeks later when I asked him what he thought of it ,he told me my recommendations were right on the money. :-)
Photo of Steve Warren

Steve Warren

Kicked up some rocks did he??
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

You are a NICE neighbor Blue - that was one "generous" housewarming gift.  Sounds like your neighbor learned his lesson the "hard way"  : )
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

He's a really good friend of mine who had just bought a 4 acre property which needed a lot of cleanup. The old couple that owned it previously just couldn't keep up anymore and it had fallen far behind.

He was kicking out rocks, dirt, thick weeds, just about anything you can think of. He says that trimmer ate it all up and begged for more. He was blown away by how powerful it was, which is a great praise because he worked his trimmer far harder than I've ever worked mine.
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

When my old gas trimmer stopped working, I did a lot of research on different "battery" operated trimmers.  This YouTube video on Pressure Test was one of the main reasons why I decided to buy the EGo - and I have not been disappointed since.  Like everyone else, I am still impressed with the power this thing can deliver on a consistent basis.
Photo of Steve Warren

Steve Warren

I'll have to check to see if I already put a review up for my Ego trimmer on here.  If I haven't, I'll do a 4K recording of me knocking down the massive weeds and grass in my backyard from not being able to mow back there for a month and a half.
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

Forgot to include the link to the video ... here it is : )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69ZrsXMMxXg
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

I like to see that, as I don't have anything that thick around my property - since my neighbor's house has been built.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

I watched that one too. That guy really takes his time putting out a thorough review!
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

I know right?  I don't have the time or the "thick" weeds like him to put together a video similar to this.  My video will probably be simple "tall grass" along the mulch bed and fence line.  Need to have property like Jacob to do a "thorough" pressure test on the trimmer ....

Photo of Steve Warren

Steve Warren

I've got a mixture of 1"-2" thick weeds behind the garage and the thick 12" tall grass in the back yard that I'll do a recording of.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Have-at-er Steve, just be mindful of your back! :-)
Photo of Steve Warren

Steve Warren

It isn't me who should be scared ha ha ha!  I like to play "Up In Here" when I use the trimmer on the weeds.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

I'd be scared if I was a weed in your back yard!!!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.