EGO Snow Blower?

• Idea
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Planned
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Out of date

LOVE the combination of convenience and power in these products. I'd sure love to see a snow blower added to the line. Any plans to add a snow blower to your awesome lineup?
Photo of Mike

Mike

• 310 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of KhMeRA

KhMeRA

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I own Ego lawn mower and leaf blower and I like it. There are battery powered snow blower on the market such as Snow joe ion, Greenworks and Ryobi but i hate to have separate battery and charger. So please make snow blower this year. I am waiting...
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,988 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I should add that the snow blower needs to be available as a bare tool for those who already own the lawn mower and battery. Same goes for the mower once the snow blower hits the market.
(Edited)
Photo of William

William

• 62 Points
I also vote for a snow blower. I have a mower, leaf blower, string trimmer, and 3 batteries. I hate to start investing in another vendor.
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 54,608 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I vote for a snow MAKER.  You all are lucky to have snow.
Photo of Randy

Randy

• 60 Points
I just saw the Snow Joe Ion - when is EGO coming out with one? I have the EGO mower & trimmer - would like a snow blower that uses the same battery as the mower. 
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,048 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
We appreciate everyone's input and thoughts. We are going to close this topic for now until we have more concrete details to share. We thank you for your understanding and patience as we work hard to develop new tools in the EGO Power+ line.
Photo of Jeff Adam

Jeff Adam

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Please Make a Snow Blower.

I am a huge supporter of EGO products! I believe that it is the best technology currently available. I would love to see a Snow Blower (20" or larger) cordless and powerful. Electric angle control and Extremely bright LED lights to light up the way at night. Since mostly it is dark after work in the winter. It would be great if it used the same battery as the mower and folded up as small as possible. Don't just match the competitors, (like Ryobi and Snow Joe) beat their run-time, quality and durability. (which is why we all support EGO) I really hope to see a similar product from EGO before winter 2015. I would be a first buyer, for sure. 
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

Honestly, I think you "Snow Blower" guys are getting some attention at EGO.  Sure are a lot of you that desire this.  I lived in Ohio growing up, the snow belt. Yeah, this would have been nice.  1st they are releasing a massive ah battery, now the larger drain tools can follow.  We'll see.
Photo of John Pf

John Pf

• 246 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
The one thing that is (almost) stopping me from buying into the EGO line of equipment is the missing tools. A snow blower being the biggest gap. Also, a pole saw would be nice. But it looks like they are paying attention to the consumers. The question is when will new tools come out? A time line would be nice. Create anticipation and let the customer know things are coming up. 
Photo of SPNorth

SPNorth

• 608 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I just got the mower.  I'm in the hoping for a snow blower camp too!
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

John, we can only hope! Ready? Everyone on 3:

Snow Blower!
Snow Blower!
Snow Blower!!!
Photo of Kevin Sprague

Kevin Sprague

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
For me, and I suspect many others, when buying these expensive battery powered tools you are making something of a commitment to a platform.  I have done a lot of research over the last couple days and I think EGO is the way to go... Except there is one big problem I need a snow blower, and the EGO platform not having one and no promise of one in the future is a deal breaker for me.  I guess I regretfully have to buy the greenworks tools.

Photo of Scott

Scott

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Yesterday I spent almost 4 hours beautifying my 2 acres of heaven. I have a zero turn mover for most of the mowing, but I also own the Ego push mower, Ego blower, and Ego 12" string trimmer. So, I have 2 - 2 ah batteries and 1 - 4 ah battery. With all the mowing, blowing and weed eating I do the 3 batteries are plenty to complete the work without recharging a battery while using another. So, this leads me to my desire for an Ego snow blower. I have nearly 5,800 square feet of horseshoe drive and concrete parking pad that needs to be cleared when it snows. If Ego came out with a snow blower I am sure, with the included battery, I would have plenty of power to clear everything. If I have to buy a Snow Joe, I will only be able to clear about a quarter, recharge, rinse and repeat.

Please Ego, make and market a snow blower! The technology is out there. There are several other brands on the market with lesser voltage batteries clearing snow. Please introduce your superior product in time for the 2015 winter season. We love your products and don't want to invest in another platform. 
Photo of JT

JT

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Any updates on a possible snow blower? I have been holding out on purchasing my cordless lawn tools until I see if Ego will produce a snow blower. Once that happens Ego gets all my money!
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,048 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
JT, we wish we had an update.  Unfortunately, there still isn't any concrete movement on a snow blower.  Trust us, we're listening.  We just don't have an update yet.
Photo of JT

JT

we still have all summer! Keeping my fingers crossed :)
Photo of Marcus Gilliam

Marcus Gilliam

• 372 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Jennifer do you think Ego would be willing to crowdsource development funding for a snow blower? You guys show us a prototype and give the customer an opportunity to show support with our donations to the project. You could provide supporters access to the first units available at a reduced price much like a Kickstarter campaign. At the least this approach would show company interest in snowblower development.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,968 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Now THAT is an interesting idea! I would sign up for sure!
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

A large company like Chervon has more money for R&D than could ever be raised.  It's a matter of market analysis.  We haven't seen an edger yet, but demand seems pretty strong.  They know what risks they are willing to take.  We'll just have to see!
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 65,000 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I hope so, because it would be nice to have clearing the walkway. It should be so awesome that snow just moves on its own because it fears the EGO Snow Beast
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

Honestly, I just don't see a snow blower happening.  They have some big holes in their lineup.  But, who knows.  We haven't been given even the slightest hint on the next tool.
Photo of Scott

Scott

Here we are on July 19, 2015 and with the heat index it is 99 degrees outside. Yet, I am obsessing about an Ego Snow Blower. Don't get me wrong, I REALLY want one. However, as SCDC mentioned earlier, Ego hasn't given the slightest hint on what their next tool will be. Imagining how long it takes to engineer, develop, test, manufacture, fill the distribution center pipeline and ship a product, I don't see it happening this year.

The other consideration is Ego's exclusive distribution agreement with Home Depot (at least in the US). Does Home Depot want another battery operated snow blower in their already crowded snow blower line up? Considering that Ego products are the ultimate in power, performance as well as price, I would be surprised to see an Ego unit, with a 4 AH battery, for less than $599 USD. That price point or even $100 lower would put it as high or higher than all other battery operated units and in the wheelhouse of quality gas powered units.

It doesn't sound like it, but I am an Ego fanboy. I have the mower, leaf blower & 12" string trimmer. I want a snow blower, and I will buy one late this Fall. I hope that it will have an Ego logo on it, but I am not holding my breath.
Photo of Paul

Paul

• 754 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I want a snowblower as well, but no way at that price. The competition 80v greenworks is $399 with a battery, and has been on sale for $299 with a battery. 

http://www.lowes.com/pd_594165-95404-2600402_0__?productId=50223275

I would expect Ego to come to market somewhere in that price range. 
(Edited)
Photo of Scott

Scott

Paul,

I have been eyeing that Greenworks model as well. It has gotten good reviews and I am torn between it and the Snow Joe models. For my situation, a 30 minute charge is a must, so the Greenworks unit with a spare battery may fit my needs. I just know that an Ego unit would be superior and with all the batteries and 30 minute charger I already own, power would never be an issue.
Photo of Paul

Paul

• 754 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Agreed. Holding out, I don't want more battery systems and I'm heavily invested in ego batteries. 

I will be very disappointed if we don't see an Ego snowblower this season. 
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

I have a little project on the go in my basement. If it's not a complete and utter failure I may share. :-)
Photo of Marcus Gilliam

Marcus Gilliam

Add me to the list of potential owners patiently waiting on an ego snowblower. I have to clear a three car driveway that's 60ft long regularly here in Minnesota during the winter. I'm young but I'm not sure how much longer my shoulders and back will survive. I too am heavily invested in ego batteries and will not hesitate to spend the money to get the right product. If I can get the tool only for $400 I'm all in. If its truly superior I'm willing to spend more. Ive seen the competitions products and i can say with confidence you get what you pay for. I envision a new snowblower from Ego with the upgraded 7.5amp battery being the ultimate tool to solve a long, cold and snowy winter.

I hope the Ego team is listening.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

I'm with you Marcus!!!
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

If we see a snow blower before an edger, I'll eat McDonalds.  You do realize I have a phobia against rubber hamburgers and heart attack fries.  That would be like you eating crickets and worms, except yours would have more nutrients.

Now, if it was 2018-2020 and the predicted mini ice ace was starting, I would be in line with you northerners for one.

Photo of David Cline

David Cline

• 37,182 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I agree an edger would have to come first. Grass grows beside concrete everywhere in the world, but not everywhere gets snow.

Here in Georgia, you will never see a single snow blower sold (nor even carried) in any store.
Photo of Marcus Gilliam

Marcus Gilliam

I would argue that adding an edger would be less beneficial to the product line than a snow blower. I get what you guys are saying but it only takes a 45 degree rotation to get your trimmer to perform similar to an edger. I use mine this way on a corner lot and im the only person in the neighborhood that goes through the trouble.
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

Hi Marcus.  If you've ever used a bladed edger, you would never go back. In the south, most of us have warm weather grass that expands by talons.  These are thick and vine like.  A trimmer really has a hard time cutting these and it looks terrible.  Look up Centipede, Bermuda as an example. 

Just look at this example of what a bladed edger can do.  Everyone down south edges, or your beds, driveway and road will get taken over by the grass growth.

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Nonsense... I call Photoshop on that pic! :-)
Photo of Marcus Gilliam

Marcus Gilliam

I can say with confidence that my edging is not as straight as the picture on the right. I agree with you SCDC, there are limits when using the trimmer to edge the yard. One option you may want to consider is changing the line to a multi-sided option (triangle, square, pentagon) for a cleaner cut. The line won't last as long as the stock twisted line but the results are noticeable.
Photo of Stacie Shannon

Stacie Shannon

• 118 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Pretty please can we have a snow blower?.

I love my Ego tools. I sure would like to add a Ego snow-blower to my collection.
Photo of Scott

Scott

Hi all,

I hate to be "that guy", but I after hearing nothing but "great idea, I'll pass it on to product development" for so long, I decided to buy a Snowjoe 40v unit last week. It arrived on Friday August 14th. The UPS guy who brought it to the door smiled and said, "know something I don't?"

I am pretty disappointed in the folks at Ego because I really wanted to buy a snow blower to match all my other Ego products. Now, I have two separate battery platforms to deal with. The reason I bought the Snowjoe is because of a Home Depot preseason overstock sale, which saved me $100 on the unit. So, of course I spent the $100, plus a few extra to buy a second battery.

I have seen and read a lot of good things about the Snowjoe and I hope it satisfies my snow removal needs for years to come.
Photo of Marcus Gilliam

Marcus Gilliam

Please give us an honest review of what you like and do not like about the Snowjoe once you start using it. I'm going to have to buy something and plan to just deal with shoveling this year to give Ego another chance to produce something. I don't really care for any other electric mowers but am willing to make the switch to Greenworks since they have a similar snow blower to Snowjoe. I'm looking forward to hearing about your experience.
Photo of Scott

Scott

Marcus,

Will do. I may have to PM you, if this board allows that, because I don't think Ego would want a Snowjoe review on their message board. :) On the bright side, I fully expect now that I have purchased the Snowjoe, Ego will introduce one (just my luck). So this may be good news for you!

I live just across the river from Louisville, KY and have never had the need for a snow blower. Last year we built a new house and I have just over 5,800 square feet of driveway and parking area. My wife and I shoveled it by hand last winter, and that will never happen again. The Louisville area only averages about 19" of snowfall per year, and I think a battery powered unit should be able to handle my needs.
Photo of JT

JT

I am keeping my fingers crossed that EGO will actually produce a snow blower for this winter. I have recently had back surgery and simply cannot shovel snow like I used to. I really do not want to have two separate battery systems to use, I recently purchased a EGO Hedge Trimmer and Weed Eater. I am waiting on the expensive item (Lawn Mower) until I know where I am getting a snow blower from.
(Edited)
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 13,128 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Look, EGO took ten years to get going."We’ve spent the last 10 years researching, developing and perfecting our industry-leading Power+ platform," they say in "About EGO". This stuff takes time, especially with the world the way it is now.  Why don't you guys try to develop something and see how quickly you can do it? Before you get upset or disappointed at EGO, why don't you walk a mile in their shoes?  They'll get there, it may be a few years, but all of you who love EGO will find it worth the wait.
Photo of pincoat

pincoat

• 1,002 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
They are a company we want to give money to. When it comes to being friends with a company that's about as nice as any customer needs to be. We are certainly not going to wait 8 more years to fill a need. Anyone who has a few hundred dollars to invest in another product and then can buy whatever ego eventually puts out is free to do so, but that's not what I will be doing with my money.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

As you choose. I'm just putting out a friendly reminder of what your asking of the company :D. Developing a new product is not exactly easy, and I myself am going to contribute as much as I can, not so much money as actual engineering work among other things.
Photo of pincoat

pincoat

I would gladly be in a focus group or whatever else.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

I don't know if I would be good for that focus group, for I hardly ever get snow here in Texas, but that sounds like an interesting idea, and that almost seems like EGO's style.
Photo of Troy Hough

Troy Hough

• 2,012 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
add me to the list of people in the 'focus group'!
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Me too! I'll gladly be a beta tester also, especially if it puts a snow blower in my garage a season early!!! :-)
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

You snow blowing people are a menace I tell you.  Moving snow from one driveway to another!

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Hey, if an Ego snow blower has the power to put my snow over 30 ft away in my neighbor's driveway, I'm all for that! I'll have to add "variable speed" to my list of snow blower wants then.
Photo of Chris Empey

Chris Empey

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled new battery, new products...like snowblower?.

I just purchased a mower up here in Canada and enjoyed cutting with it the first time yeaterday. My buying process also included the flexibility of the battery to be used on other products, like a snoblower. With this new battery, will the company be looking into this type of product in the future?
Photo of pincoat

pincoat

I know I shouldn't have... but I really had hopes for this season... I guess the good news is that I will save money by just getting a corded one instead.
Photo of Vincent

Vincent

• 94 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Snow Blower in 2015?.

I live in the Northeast and I'm starting to look at snow blowers for the upcoming winter. Does Ego have any plans to reveal a snow blower anytime soon? I would love to continue using Ego products for all my outdoor needs. Thanks!
Photo of Maxime

Maxime

• 134 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Is the snowblower one of the next new tools ?.

Hi ego I have been waiting for the snowblower to come out and I still didn't see it. I'm little bit desapoited because most of other companies did release a snowblower and since I almost have all collection of ego I would of like to buy the ego snowblower. If you guys going to make one it would be appreciate to know it because I'm thinking of looking for an other companies to buy one.
Photo of Ron Lipka

Ron Lipka

• 284 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I'm hoping for EGO snow blower too.  I will probably just keep shoveling this year, but hope EGO will have one ready for the following winter.
Photo of pincoat

pincoat

If they are going to do it they should let us know. I'll wait if I know it's coming.
Photo of Troy Hough

Troy Hough

• 2,012 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
I too want a snow blower.  With the new batteries you would think they could do it right!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.