EGO Blower unexpectedly stopped working

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Solved
I recently purchased the Blower and String Trimmer. First, these are GREAT tools! Finally the power we want without the annoyances of gas motors. Thank you. Sadly, my blower unexpectedly stopped working within 24 hours of my purchase and won't come back to life. I have tried both batteries fully charged and still nothing. I waited several hours and still nothing. This is making me sad. Any suggestions?
Photo of Selah

Selah

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 80,948 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
We are so sorry to hear about your blower. Please call our customer service team at 1-855-346-5656 and we will help troubleshoot your issue with your blower. Your blower is backed by our 5 year warranty so you have nothing to fear. We will take care of you right away!
Photo of David

David

• 60 Points
I purchased the blower yesterday from the local Home Depot and used it once.  When I used it today it worked for a while and then all of a sudden I heard this noise and it stopped completely.  Battery is fine so I am thinking this has something to do with the circuit board located inside this blower.  Not what I call very reliable!
Photo of J

J

• 144 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I just purchased mine yesterday 7/25/2015 and it worked fine the first time and then after recharging the battery it does not work!!

What the heck!!
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 54,358 Points 50k badge 2x thumb

Double check everything, reseat the battery.  If still doesn't work, simply go exchange it.  There have been very few reported problems with the blower.

Photo of J

J

• 144 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Are you kidding me, after checking the web via Google there has been so many problems and complaints about the EGO Blower as there seems to be a problem with the Trigger which EGO is fully aware of and has made comments regarding the problem with the Trigger it should be Recalled!!!!
Photo of David Cline

David Cline

• 37,032 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Funny James, I see quite the opposite when I searched via Google (and Bing).  I do see that the Ego blower is the Consumer Reports coveted best buy model in this category, and only narrowly beat out by a blower that is well over twice the price.

James, we understand your frustration and want to let you know that we are here to help.  We strive for perfection with our products, but when we fall short, we are committed to providing excellent customer service to get the problem solved.
(Edited)
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 13,068 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
That blower is no longer well over twice the price. It can be had for $240 plus tax from Costco. A nearly identical blower from Kobalt can be had for $200 plus tax from Lowe's. Home Depot has lowered the price of EGO blowers to $180.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

That blower is no longer well over twice the price. It can be had for $240 plus tax from Costco. A nearly identical blower from Kobalt can be had for $200 plus tax from Lowe's. Home Depot has lowered the price of EGO blowers to $180.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

Sorry for the double post. It looks like a bug caused that... there should only be one post. I'm curious about how that happened within the same instant... Let's see if this post is multiplied...
Photo of brad

brad

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
you know mine did the same thing and I think it is to do with the three buttons being push at the start, I heard a funny sound and it hasn't worked since, I didn't see a reset on the blower?

Hi Brad, it doesn't sound like your blower is functioning properly.  It should definitely work every single time and this "funny noise" doesn't sound right either.  Give us a call at 1-855-346-5656 when you have a chance and we'll get you taken care of.  We're available until 8:00PM EST today and Saturday and Sunday from 10:00AM - 6:00PM EST.
Photo of Morris

Morris

• 60 Points
I've seen a bunch of similar complaints on this forum.  Will you consider posting a guide to what we can troubleshoot instead of simply telling everyone to call you?

Hi Morris,
We do have a few troubleshooting tips in the below links.  The reason we ask people to call us for help is so that we can go over all troubleshooting and get any possible replacements/repairs taken care of for you at the same time. We hope this helps.  Please remember that all EGO Power+ tools are backed by our 5 year warranty and we will do what is necessary to make it right for you.

https://community.egopowerplus.com/ego/topics/my_blower_isnt_working
https://community.egopowerplus.com/ego/topics/my_blower_isnt_outputting_with_the_same_pressure_as_be...
(Edited)
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

I'm going to post a test of this blower on YouTube so you can actually see what is going on if you haven't already seen it yourselves.
Photo of rommy

rommy

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My blower stopped working..

My blower stopped working. Not the battery. Just nothing happens when pressing the trigger. Returned it to Home Depot and they said it was the 3rd blower returned with the same issue. A real bummer. A great product with a trigger glitch. What is the word on this issue?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.