Ego trimmer won't start

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • In Progress
I just purchased a ego trimmer the bulkhead type. In the middle of weed eating it just stopped. Battery is fully charged and brand new. However it does nothing now. Not even a sound like it's trying to spin. Is there any kind of safety stuff on it to make it not come on?
Photo of Charles Epley

Charles Epley

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 67,192 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
What is a bulkhead type trimmer? How long had you been running the trimmer? And which battery? 
Another thing to check after removing the battery is to see if there is grass, other trimmings, wound around the head of the trimmer.
Photo of Rick Fortson

Rick Fortson

• 784 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
What’s a bulkhead type trimmer???
Photo of Mark Ziviski

Mark Ziviski

• 260 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Check the battery contacts.  Sometimes, due to vibration there might be a break in the connection.  this can be fixed by simply removing the battery and reinserting it again.  The information in your complaint is rather vague.  You said the battery in brand new.  Did you charge it first before using it? And how long were you cutting before it stopped?  I realize these may sound like silly questions to ask, but they are relative
Photo of Charles Epley

Charles Epley

It's bumphead not bulk.... auto correct..... I took battery off and put back on no power still. I charged the battery completely before use. I cut maybe 3 mins total. It just died no juice period... I called and the guy ran me through other steps and confirmed there is no juice from battery to trimmer... my warranty will cover it but I can't email my reciept. He said email him at warrantyategoplus.com. however the page will not load.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,380 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Are you sure he didn't mean to send the email to warranty@egoplus.com ?
Photo of Charles Epley

Charles Epley

He said egopowerplus.com but hey I'll try egoplus.com
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,380 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I was just going by what you wrote and that the page wouldn't load. It looks more like an email address to me, not a web page.