Ego String Trimmer, Model ST1502SF. Can't find any replacement string for ST1502SF.

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
 Can't  find any replacement string for ST1502SF.  None of the replacement string products specify "for use with ST1502SF.
Photo of david

david

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 65,000 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Any .095 string will work. I use spline shaped stuff. Rhino line or something like that.
Photo of david

david

Thanks, Jacob.  And do you buy it in like a cartridge?  Or do you wind it onto your factory Ego spool?  Oh...I think the thing is that maybe I just don't get too hung up on the details.  The model number of my mower is I think 1502SF.  But maybe if I just buy Ego replacement spools for 1500...that will be okay...?
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,968 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
David, the SF trimmers have the Rapid Reload head, I believe. With that head you just insert bare string and wind it up, no spools necessary. :-)
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 65,000 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Yup. Always buy if in a roll. Not prewound. Rapid reload is easy to do. Insert string, and twist head. Takes minutes.
Photo of david

david

Thanks, guys.  Will look into doing the "rapid reload" thing with some .095 spline shaped stuff.
Photo of Marenda Boyce

Marenda Boyce

• 62 Points
So Home Depot does not this type pre wound head? and they have changed the head on the 56 volt string trimmer? Recently” Yea found out the hard way WTH EGO, I bought battery powered for convience not to have to wrap the head. You should have to replace the head IMO
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 105,650 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Marenda
Ego makes several 56v trimmers. What model do you have. Are you looking to purchase prewound spoils of string or for some type of warranty replacement for a broken head ?