Photo of Julio Villanueva

Julio Villanueva

• 1,860 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
  • curious

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 178,712 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You bet! I'm #1 on the waiting list! :-)
Photo of David J. Caplan

David J. Caplan

• 118 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Very, called to preorder, and was told to look for a statement come early august next month, only a few days to go. Really want to get this, and try it out.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 72,310 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
How sick am I that it's only July and I'm already looking forward to clearing snow?
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

I'm not so much excited about the snow itself, but the opportunity it creates (excuse?!?) to add to my power tool collection. That, I think, is a sickness in itself. :-)
Photo of keenanj

keenanj

• 2,978 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
I can't wait. I hope this happens! I'm ready to get this tomorrow!
Photo of William Mosby

William Mosby

• 248 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
What size battery are we looking at? Hopefully the big one!
(Edited)
Photo of David Cline

David Cline

• 36,932 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
It holds two batteries. I believe the kit I saw included two 5.0Ah batteries. Perhaps there will be other variations like a dual 7.5Ah Kit.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

A dual 7.5 kit would be great, and would appeal to many with larger driveways.

Buying two 7.5Ah batteries to go along with the snow blower would cost more than the dual 5Ah snowblower kit if the price is $599 as predicted.
Photo of keenanj

keenanj

David, have you heard anything about a release date?
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 72,226 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You can buy two 5.0 Ah batteries from Amazon for a little more than the price of one 7.5 Ah battery. That would be better bang for the buck IMO.
Photo of David Cline

David Cline

• 36,932 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I have not heard anything about the release other than what Jennifer has posted here. The snow blower product page with full description was briefly available on the Home Depot web site a few months ago, but was quickly taken down since it went live then by mistake.
Photo of keenanj

keenanj

Thank you. I am super excited to finally have an eco, quiet(er) solution to moving snow. None last year, but the years before that were brutal!
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Ken, agree 100%. I just don't think the 7.5 should represent such poor value... the price puts it out of reach for an "upgrade" to an existing kit, or even an option when purchasing a bare tool.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 72,310 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
For those who may have missed it in the other thread, here's what Jennifer posted a couple of days ago:

"A little birdie told me that we'll be having a pre-sale in August.  Join the mailing list on egopowerplus.com to be the first to know. :)  They will hit very select stores around October but it'll be a mostly online product as many Home Depot's won't have them physically in store."
Photo of keenanj

keenanj

Oh yeah, that's good to know!!! That only leaves pole saw, vac, mulcher/shredder... NICE. I truly have not gotten a snow blower because of the noise, pollution, and needing to refill gas when the roads are unpassable... This is a killer product! 
Photo of ffteam

ffteam

• 194 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Can I put a 2.5 (from my trimmer) and a 7.5 (from my lawn mower) into this blower and have it work? any issues that you guys can see?
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

You can use any two Ego batteries to power the snow blower, but for maximum performance they reccomend using batteries that are 4Ah or larger.

I'm still waiting to confirm this, but the way I see it the 7.5 with a 2.5 should perform the same as two 5Ah batteries (they're connected in parallel). Ego hasn't released any detailed info yet on how the system works, so that's just my own speculation.
Photo of ffteam

ffteam

• 194 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
good point blue angel. i see no reason why 7.5 and 2.5 can't work together. and i've used the 2.5 in my lawn mower when my 7.5 runs out and needs another 5-10 mins of mowing. at this point I'll still have to wait for the tool itself to come out since I don't need two 5.0 batteries at this point.
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 34,690 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I just received an email alert from EGO regarding their new Snow Blower.  In the email, it has a link for Pre-Order of this awesomeness - can't wait!!!!!