EGO snow blower is a keeper

• Praise
  • Updated 3 years ago
Well I bought this snow blower keeping in mind it was battery powered so it might get returned. The price tag is a little high, I think most of it is the batteries. I picked up the 5.0ah kit.

With that price tag there's only a couple things I would like to see changed, but over all I'm pretty happy. I've used it 5 times now, mostly powder snow. The most I've used it on was about 8 inches. It's done good at the end of the driveway worth the pulled up frozen/compacted stuff but it does take longer/a little more effort. I still want to test this in a heavy snowfall of 4+ inches and see how it does.

Just to give you an anyone of what this thing can do there was probably about 4-5 inches of powder snow last night and I did my small driveway which is the house with the Pin. The sidewalk which is lined with green and the neighbors driveway which is outlined in green. The cars give you an idea of scale. Had it on half speed the whole time with lights on, and a few swipes in the street on full before the red lights came on and even then I did another swipe or two. No doubt the 7.5ah batteries would do even more.

Fyi I'm in Mn in the city we don't get dumped on a lot so this works for me!
Photo of Erik

Erik

• 10,336 Points 10k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 13,128 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Well, more good news about the snowblower... you know what, I didn't think of this until now, but the posts that I've been seeing about the snowblower parallel the posts about the 480 CFM blower. There were quite a few bum units around, and I ended up with one of them. Parts of it are distributed amongst my EGO boxes.  There was, however, a lot of praise about it. I have two LB4800s that have been working well, one since September 7th, 2015, one since June 10th, 2016.  I'm quite happy with both of those units, as well as the LB5300 I purchased on December 9, 2016.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,708 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the update, Erik!
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,028 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Erik, thanks so much for sharing this with everyone. We're glad to hear you are happy!