ego snow blower

• Problem
  • Updated 7 months ago
  • In Progress
Hi All! I Just bought my ego snow blower and I have used it three times. The first two times it worked like a champ as I saw in the many youtube reviews. But, last night it was not shooting my snow as far and some of the snow was coming out of the front. I know it is frigid up here in Chicago, do you think it is clogged? Has anyone run into this issue? When I set it to the highest power level it sounds like it matches my first two uses, but like I said it is only shooting about 3' away from the blower. Has anyone ever had this issue or know how to fix it? Think it may be defective?
Photo of Steven Taylor

Steven Taylor

• 224 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of Rodney Ruth

Rodney Ruth

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I don't have my EGO yet but I experience this with my old Toro blower.  If there is little snow it doesn't throw it as far as if there is 3-8 inches...........I think that might be your issue.
Photo of Steven Taylor

Steven Taylor

• 224 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi All got a chance to run it this morning. Worked much better! I think you all are right with a few inches not much happens. It's gotta be the right mix. I hit some big piles just for fun and it threw it 10' and bogged down the motor. Just testing it. Totally happy with it still! 
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 96,000 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Yup - small amounts just not enough snow to generate the push to throw it all out a a good rate.  Thus is spits a few feet.  Like Blue said it still works great in smaller snow falls if you do some initial pushing of the snow with a shovel to create a deeper area and then use the blower and it works great.

And with really big piles - larger that the mouth of the blower - it is too much snow to take in and expel properly.  So either tip the blower up to cut of the top off the pile or take off slices from the side only filling half of the mouth.  Either of these methods allows the blower to process the amount of snow coming in and throw it 20' + efficiently.  Also moving thru the snow slower can help with big piles.
Photo of Dennis Mathias

Dennis Mathias

• 192 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
My rule is that if it is 2" snow or less..ferget it.