Ego snow blower

• Praise
  • Updated 10 months ago
In 2018, I purchased the Ego snow blower before the 2018-2019 winter season. I live in Up-State New York in Dutchess County, which is located 90 minutes north of New York City and 90 minutes south of the capital, Albany. I have 2 - 56 V Lithium batteries and its related rapid charger. I also posses a self propelled mover with its battery and related rapid charger and a chain saw, again a battery (small one) and its related charger. Today, Wednesday morning, January 30, 2019, I used the snow blower to clear the driveway, which measure about 100 feet by 21 feet (for the most part). We received about 4 to 5 inches of snow. The winds in the morning were moderate, but during the night were strong. In the morning, I put in the 2 snow blower batteries, which were charged the night before (I usually have the batteries in the garage, but put them inside the home the night before to acclimate them to the home temperature of 70 degree Fahrenheit). When I proceeded to clear the driveway, the snow blower performed as expected. I had a lot of power, the snow blew about 35 feet (I set the chute to an angle of 45 degrees, which was optimal for throwing snow to its maximum distance). I also cleared the walkway. As many of you might be aware, when the snow plow trucks plow at the entrance of the driveway, they always leave an accumulation of snow and ice at beginning of the driveway. Well, no difference this morning. When I used the Ego snow blower, it just sliced the snow and ice with no problems. I was amazed! I was able to clear the driveway and walkway with relative ease. This took me about 70 minutes to complete the entire areas. At the end of this time, I observed that the batteries displayed a red light. I knew that I did not have too much time left. I decided to clear the residue snow that had blown onto the driveway (at this point in time, the winds were picking up). I was able to clear the driveway again. I knew that some people have had some problems with the snow blower, however, I feel that I have been bless, that God, has given me a really good machine to deal with the snow (I purchase the snow blower due to my physical condition, which I am currently being treated for).
Photo of Michael Millan

Michael Millan

• 560 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
  • Confident

Posted 10 months ago

Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 19,416 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Same experience with mine. Prayers your condition get treated and resolved.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,500 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
That's good to hear! Which batteries do you have, the 5.0 Ah or 7.5 Ah?

Try your best to store the batteries in your house. Lithium-ion batteries don't like being stored in sub-freezing temperatures. They're OK for use out in the cold because the current draw during use warms them up.

But yes, I've been very happy with the runtime I've gotten with my snowblower so far this year.
Photo of Michael Millan

Michael Millan

• 560 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
The batteries are 5.0 Ah. I forgot to attach pictures.
(Edited)