Ego should create an Aerator!

• Idea
  • Updated 1 month ago
Ego should create an aerator. I am tired of renting these heavy aerators form Home Depot. A nice light weight aerator would be a welcome addition to my Ego line of products. Please make this happen.
Photo of E Class

E Class

• 232 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 12 months ago

Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 20,928 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Aerators depend upon weight to pull plugs of soil up. Maybe, you're referring to dethatching. I have the Mantis machine with all attachments including the dethatch. Their so-called aerator just make slices in the soil; better than nothing, but plugging is best.
Photo of E Class

E Class

I do mean aerator to plug the holes.  I know the issue is the weight but I'd figure these scientists can come up with something. :)  Thanks for replying.  Someone suggested liquid aerator which I may try.
Photo of ericrasmussen

ericrasmussen

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I tried using a de-thatching blade on my mower. Had to recharge the 7.5 amp battery 5 times to do 500 square feet of lawn. Not a good idea. as for aerating, that is not a widely sought after tool. So, I doubt that will happen. Of course they make snow blowers that I have no need of so who knows.
Photo of E Class

E Class

• 212 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I know what you mean.  I only use it once a year but if they were to come up with something I'd consider purchasing it.
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 55,056 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Aerating is tough business.  Trying to pull plugs in very hard SC soil is difficult work and even when I had a riding mower, I had to put 75+ lbs on my pull behind aerator to get it to sink in enough.  It's an awesome idea but I don't know if the battery power would hold up to this.
Photo of E Class

E Class

I figured as much.  Thought I would suggest it anyway.  Thank you for your response.

Photo of Rick Fortson

Rick Fortson

• 814 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Go to Amazon and search “liquid aerator”.
Good luck.
Photo of E Class

E Class

Thanks.  I know the Lawn Care Nut (follow on you tune) recommends liquid aerators.  Do you find they works as well as plugging holes?

Thank you for your response.
(Edited)
Photo of FMaz008 FMaz008

FMaz008 FMaz008

• 166 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I would love this also.
Could have a water reservoir on top to add weight to it.