Ego should create an Aerator!

• Idea
  • Updated 1 month ago
Ego should create an aerator. I am tired of renting these heavy aerators form Home Depot. A nice light weight aerator would be a welcome addition to my Ego line of products. Please make this happen.
Photo of E Class

E Class

• 212 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 15,620 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Aerators depend upon weight to pull plugs of soil up. Maybe, you're referring to dethatching. I have the Mantis machine with all attachments including the dethatch. Their so-called aerator just make slices in the soil; better than nothing, but plugging is best.
Photo of E Class

E Class

I do mean aerator to plug the holes.  I know the issue is the weight but I'd figure these scientists can come up with something. :)  Thanks for replying.  Someone suggested liquid aerator which I may try.
Photo of ericrasmussen

ericrasmussen

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I tried using a de-thatching blade on my mower. Had to recharge the 7.5 amp battery 5 times to do 500 square feet of lawn. Not a good idea. as for aerating, that is not a widely sought after tool. So, I doubt that will happen. Of course they make snow blowers that I have no need of so who knows.
Photo of E Class

E Class

I know what you mean.  I only use it once a year but if they were to come up with something I'd consider purchasing it.
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 53,726 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Aerating is tough business.  Trying to pull plugs in very hard SC soil is difficult work and even when I had a riding mower, I had to put 75+ lbs on my pull behind aerator to get it to sink in enough.  It's an awesome idea but I don't know if the battery power would hold up to this.
Photo of E Class

E Class

I figured as much.  Thought I would suggest it anyway.  Thank you for your response.

Photo of Rick Fortson

Rick Fortson

• 684 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Go to Amazon and search “liquid aerator”.
Good luck.
Photo of E Class

E Class

Thanks.  I know the Lawn Care Nut (follow on you tune) recommends liquid aerators.  Do you find they works as well as plugging holes?

Thank you for your response.
(Edited)