Self-propelled lawn Mower spits grass

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • In Progress
  • (Edited)
My EGO Self propelled lawn mower is spitting out a lot of the grass. It has just started to do this, the bag is clean, the under carriage of the mower is clean? Why would it be doing this, it's only a year old.
Photo of Sharon Lee Iuston

Sharon Lee Iuston

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Egocentric

Egocentric

• 6,328 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Assuming that the grass is still in the same condition, not too wet or too high, and you haven't changed the mower height, I would suspect the blade needs sharpened.  Also make sure that there is no build up of grass in the passage way from the mower deck to the bag.  
(Edited)
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 68,272 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Have you double-checked that the bag is installed correctly, Sharon? This should eliminate any excess clippings. If you've already tried that and the problem persists, please call us at 1-855-346-5656. 
Photo of Sharon Lee Iuston

Sharon Lee Iuston

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Yeah it only attaches at the top right? I lowered it and then put it back to the original setting and it started happening.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 105,784 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
There is some bag mounting info here - if you want to make sure you are mounting it correctly.  It attaches on both sides.
https://community.egopowerplus.com/ego/topics/grass-catcher-constantly-falling-off
(Edited)