EGO Powered DIY projects. Post questions how to do anything using ego products.

• Idea
  • Updated 7 months ago
  • Under Consideration
  • (Edited)
Let's discuss the proper, safe way to use ego batteries they way they were not intended
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 64,900 Points 50k badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Jacob

Jacob

Let's discuss the proper, safe way to use ego batteries they way they were not intended
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,788 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Is that possible?  LOL!  :-)
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

Of course
Photo of John

John

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I’m very interested in this. Do you know of any kind of 3D print or howto guide on the best way to just get the battery mount and conductors tapped securely? I’ve 3D printed some Ryobi 18V adapters and they are great for fairly low amperage application. Looking at EGO to up the game on the projects.
Photo of martin Downs

martin Downs

• 516 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
The answer is ????
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

I just use battery bays I find on ebay. I haven't needed to have one made. This is the only way I would connect because of the high amount of energy coming from these batteries.
Photo of Green In GT

Green In GT

• 532 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I'd like an adapter for my Ebike... 
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

If your ebike is 60vdc then it would just plug in and work. Just find a battery bay from an ego tool.
You can connect as many together as you want if you use a schottky diodes (barrier rectifier)

You need to isolate the batteries from each other or they will equalize which is a bad thing. Very bad thing. It basically will charge a lower voltage battery at a unregulated rate.