My Key EGO ideas

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • inqusitive

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of My Key EGO ideas

My Key EGO ideas

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hello dear EGO friends,

Thank you very much EGO for replying via this morning’s phone call regarding more EGO NEXUS SPECS.

If, i may i suggest EGO incorporates a PURE SINE WAVE into the NEXUS asap?

Otherwise, EGO is setting itself up for potential costly-problems with selling a potentially dangerous product... Without a PURE SINE WAVE, all delicate and expensive electtonics will become prone to being electronically destroyed or FRIED!

Just my two cents. .

Please feel free to contact me personally if i can be of any helpful assistance regarding EGO enginnering T.E.R.N.S or any EGO advancments in EGO automation / science.

EnjoYour blesseDay!

Mr. K - US Certified Metrologist [ Scientist of Measurement ]

Photo of Rick F

Rick F

• 1,010 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
This would be fairly easy for EGO to do. A simple filter added to its output to make it a sinusoidal 120v output. Not necessary for all applications. Most UPS backups provide square wave output I know.

Filter:

https://electronics.stackexchange.com...
(Edited)
Photo of Lawn Guy

Lawn Guy

• 244 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I agree, most devices the listed in the promotional material requires a pure sine wave.  EGO dropped the ball on a great opportunity with this one.  At first I was ready to pick one up immediately but with a modified sine wave ... NOPE!  Hope EGO engineers fix it soon.
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 67,444 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
As always, we will share your input with the team for review. In the meantime, please keep in mind that the majority of products being plugged into a 150W inverter have their own AC to DC power supply (just like your laptop), that filters power. Thus, having a pure sine wave is not necessary for safe operation of your gadgets. 
Photo of Lawn Guy

Lawn Guy

• 244 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
To my understanding cell phone and Ipad usb cables do not have the same protection which in my case will be the main usage for such a device when camping or during a power failure.  I think it would be the same for a LED TV as well.  I would also need it for a wireless/ bluetooth speaker as well.  Please don't get me wrong.  I love the tools (currently use the trimmer edger and pole saw).  I will be getting the chainsaw and 5800 blower shortly (hoping for a fall sale). Being able to use the batteries over the winter and camping in summer would be a fantastic idea. I will pass on this model hoping a 300W or better a 500W upgrade one with a pure sine wave appears. Then it would work with my high capacity air pump for my water toys (Zodiac style inflatable boat) floating island etc...
Need a 1000W for the coffee machine but figure that is pushing it. :) I just figured you have such high quality products ... why not do the same with this item?
Regards,