EGO mower will not run

• Problem
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

EGO mower purchased on 05/26/2016, taken to vacation house and only used maybe 6 times. It will now just start for a second then flashing orange light for 10 seconds. I have cleaned under mower, changed battery with backup and adjusted the handle many times and it continues to do the same function.
Photo of Ronnie Scott

Ronnie Scott

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of russ riediger

russ riediger

• 74 Points
EGO told me to take it to Home Depot rental center for repair. $20 diagnostic service. Will call me if more than $100 repair. There is a place on Atlanta Craigslist that will sell no-battery EGO mowers for $100. May be a better option.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,380 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
The mower carries a 5-year warranty, so ditching it for a Craigslist purchase probably isn’t the better option.

The $20 diagnostic fee will be refunded with a warranty repair.
Photo of russ riediger

russ riediger

• 74 Points
I bought mine second hand. The manufacture date is printed on the data plate of the motor and says Dec2015. I guess buying it from another voided the warranty.
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 68,070 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Ronnie, please call us at 1-855-346-5656. Your tools came with a warranty and we'd love to troubleshoot this. 
Photo of Ronnie Scott

Ronnie Scott

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks Amber. I took the mower to Home Depot and sent it for repair. Got a call from them saying the mower was damaged beyond repair during shipping and they were giving me an eCard to purchase a new mower which I did. Let's hope this one stays healthy.
(Edited)
Photo of Paul Christenson

Paul Christenson

• 7,326 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
<Got a call from them saying the mower was damaged beyond repair during shipping>

Probably one of those weak shipping container failures...:)
http://cargo-secure.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/20160811_095147-1140x400.jpg

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.