EGO LM2101 push mower cutting height

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered

We
are considering purchasing the EGO LM2101 push mower, as recommended by Consumer Reports. Will you please address the point about cutting height, as made in the following critical consumer review? 

“I bought this mower based on CR's recommendation. It cuts and bags acceptably; however, the cut-height adjustment only adjusts the rear wheels. Without a mechanism to also raise the front wheels, the highest the mower actually cuts is about 2 in. (although the lever indicates 4 in.). Since my tall fescue lawn in Virginia need a 3-4 in. cutting height, I will be replacing this expensive mower for a gas model with accurate cutting settings.” 

Thank you, Laura

Photo of Laura Elsinger

Laura Elsinger

• 72 Points

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of walt

walt

• 720 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
The following link provides answers by members Scot Yamamoto and Blue Angel, Champion and more details from other members:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&...

(Edited)
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 106,488 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
That review makes no sense.  The height adjusts the entire deck / all 4 wheels at once.
LM2101 is the same as the LM2100

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 180,008 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Laura, the subject mower must have been defective and the reviewer slightly clueless (they could have just exchanged it for a new one). Ego’s mowers all feature a single handle height adjustment that raises and lowers all four wheels simultaneously. :-)
Photo of Prairiedog

Prairiedog

• 10,268 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Yes, most likely a troll review from a gas competitor. we are just normal users, with a big acreage to mow, and we love the adjustability and ease of use of this mower. You will enjoy it.
Photo of Chris

Chris

• 934 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I concur with the others. I'm in my second season with the same mower you are considering and have had no problems. Quiet and light and cuts to my satisfaction every time. Height adjustment works fine and adjusts all 4 wheels.
Photo of Tony Chianese

Tony Chianese

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
It would appearr that the lady has a mate who likes the sound of gas engines, and found a reason to tell her that the "Electric Devil" was screwed up.  The entire adjustment covers all the wheels.