ego LM2100sp mower relay wiring diagram

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • In Progress

My <1 year old LM2100SP mower propels ok, but suddenly the blade does not spin.  Does anyone have a wiring diagram.  I suspect that the relay that controls blade rotation has failed. I'd like to know where it is before I tear the unit apart. 

I'm aware others have had this same problem. 
Photo of Thomas Fugate

Thomas Fugate

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • pissed off.

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 67,192 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Some things to check. 
Ensure the handlebar clamps are fully engaged. Try pulling up on the handlebars and reseating the clamps. As well, try pulling the mower backwards while trying to start the motor. If it does start then you know the switch operated by the clamp isn't engaging and you can get replacement clamps from EGO.
Another thing someone had happen with theirs is the safety switch that is operated when positioning the handlebar in one of the 3 positions went bad. He would slowly move the handlebar while trying to start the motor and it would start then stop as it moved through. 

Note that your mower has a 5 year warranty. You can give EGO CS a call and start a warranty claim. 

Photo of Thomas Fugate

Thomas Fugate

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the response.

The mower propels OK, but the blade doesn't turn.  This indicates that the handle clamps are OK because the drive wheels are powered.   Somebody must have a wiring or electrical component location diagram for this mower.  I don't even know where the relays are located! 

Apparently the blade relay is not in the same circuit as the wheel power relay.

Love the mower, but the lack of documentation is frustrating.

I've read some nasty comments about EGO CS response times.

Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 66,956 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I think I've forgotten if the handlebar clamps were also part of the drive interlock. I had it in my mind that they were only for the blade motor.
We continue to hold out hope that since the older tools are starting to fall out of warranty that more documentation and parts will become readily available and accessible. 
I think about the biggest complaint here on the forum regarding warranty work is just the time it takes. However, EGO and HD have an agreement where the tool is supposed to be out and back in 4 to 6 weeks. And, if it hits 4 weeks you should call CS and get EGO involved to expedite the work. There have been more positive CS stories lately so maybe the response time problem is finally getting addressed.