Ego lm2000s height adjuster

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • In Progress
I bought an ego lawn mower off of Craigslist. Tested it on spot and it was operational. I didn't test the height adjuster. Shame on me. Tried to mow the lawn yesterday and noticed it wouldn't raise past the lowest setting (a 2 I believe). I got onto the chat here and saw posters saying the mower needed to be in a folded position to take weight off the wheels then pull the adjuster. When I did this the arm snapped off clean. Is there any replacement parts or did I just ruin a lawn mower?
Photo of james Nunn

james Nunn

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 55,056 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
First off I have adjusted my mower many times in the upright position without a problem.  It sounds like it was broke to begin with and the problem isn't what you did.

Is it the 20 or 21?   If the 21", what type of grass do you have?  If it is a warm weather grass that needs to be cut short and you have the 21" mower, you are fine.  I cut at level 2.

Good luck and I'm sorry to hear about that.
Photo of james Nunn

james Nunn

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
It is a 21" I live in Colorado so lawn can be cut short. i appreciate the advice on this.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 180,360 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
LM2000S, from the title. :-)

James, get in touch with Ego Customer Service and they can tell you whether the parts are available, though you might want to take it apart first to see which parts you need.

If that fails, perhaps you can buy another non-functional mower and get the parts from that one?
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 55,056 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I'm not good with the model number stuff... Sheesh.. You guys.  lol
Photo of ChrisS

ChrisS

• 430 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
the adjuster works like most any shaft-and-notched-gate system.  you displace the handle away from the numbered scale (about a quarter inch toward you as you stand by the side of the mower), and then move the handle left or right (for downward or upward, respectively). Only a few ounces of effort is needed.

Admittedly, providing an assisting lift from the mower's underside helps when adjusting upwards.